Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Lap & Dye Op Help

Hi, im due to have my lap & dye op on April 29th, i know im not allowed to have sex from last period to when i have the op only trouble being ive not had a period since January. Will they still do the op if i dont have another one before then if we dont have sex from now? I know im not pregnant as i went for 3d scans of my ovaries and womb on monday for some research thing for pcos and nothing shown up.
Also i work for the council cleaning and was wondering how long people have had to have off sick from work so i can kinda give my manager a rough time of how long im expected to be off.
Thank You

Replies

• hi natasha x

i had a lap & dye done in june lastyear, they never told me not to have sex before it though or mentioned anything about periods i just madr sure i didnt have sex from 2 nights before it got done but your period shouldnt impact it x

as for sicktime, i was off for around 4 weeks i work in a tmobile call center so your work would be alot harder than mine so maybe 4-5 weeks, just depends how your body copes afterwords x

i was expecting it to be really bad aftee i had it done but it wasnt at all, from the time i went into theatre till the time i got hone was only a total of 1 and a half hours!i was tender after it for a few days and found geting from a laying positoon to stnding a bit hard i needed help for that x

iv recently had my gallbladder took out and was hoping itd be similsr to the lap but its a million times worse lol! honestly nothing to worry about xx
  • Hi Kellx, thank you for your reply and hope your feeling better, sorry about af coming this month (i read it on your other posts) hopefully suzy will be right for you.

Well i had my lap & dye done nearly 2 wks ago and all tubes were clear so hopefully having them flushed through will help a little.

Im due back at work this monday coming but still not feeling 100% still get a tugging feeling and a sharp pain if i move too quick, also got the biggest bruise on my tummy. Took my discharge papers to the doctors yesterday to get another sick note for a week as im a cleaner and still get a little pain cleaning my own house never mind the 4 hrs i have to clean a massive building every day but they rang me back today saying i cant have one as the doctor says 10 days is enough time to recover, like i said to her it might be for some one who works in a office or so on, so looks like i gotta go back wheather im ready or not. image

on the plus side should be starting clomid when i go back to the fertility clinic in 4 wks but thats only if they agree to give me blood tests instead of scans as there's no way we can afford the £240 per scan.

xx

• thanks natasha x yeah im fine now, had the lap done jn june tgen had yhe gallblafder.out there in march so its been sutgery after sutgery my bodys still in shock i think lol! on the plus side iv lost 2 stone so cant comlain haha! glaf ur lap went well anf everything looks good x i was avout 4 weeks to be back to normal thats terrible the doc isnt.giving u more tine to recover !! 

hope yhe clomid helps, this was my last month on it and no baby so 2 mo ths without trying now and just see what happens then im bk at the consultant x hopefuly itl work for u and get u the baby u deserve xx