Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

iui support

i was just wondering if anyone out there is going to do an iui treatment in the next couple of months?  we are trying it in june -- we did last year, twice, with no success.  may will be my month to do all of the testing and such.  

so, i hope others will be willing to chat about their experiences, issues, etc.  

Replies

• Hi QnBee

we will be starting our first IUI in June when we get back from hols. This is our first try with assisted conception and were recommend it as we are entitled a try on nhs before ICSI xx

• hi joey,

we are also trying in june.  i'm a little anxious, to be honest, as it didn't work before....but i guess i have to have a little hope, yes?  are you a nervous at all about it?

• Hi sorry to hear it didnt work before but as you said there is always hope. We were expecting to go start to ICSI and were surprised when the offered us IUI first, I will be injecting like IVF in order to hopefully make two eggs. I am not to nervous yet as I am trying to see it as a trial run before the IVF. Our RE explained the success rates and than it will be useful for them to see how I respond to the drugs and what hubbys sample is like after its spun etc. How did you find the IUI process? How many goes are you entitled too?

We have to go back for a final appointment to sign consent forms and teach us how to inject then we are ready to go! 

xx

• I just wondered if you can help? I am a little confused as there seem to be sooo many ways you can try IUI. We are having Superovulation IUI and I will be taking the contraceptive pill first to sync me with other couples and be given a batch number! Our RE also said it is long protocol and that I will be down regging before the stims. 

Does anyone have a clue about the timeframe of that? I am guessing I start the pill on CD1? she said its a 6 week process

many thanks getting all confused with googling!

xx

• i have to honestly say that i know nothing about using the pill in the process.

to answer your question from before, we are entitled to - i think - as many as we can afford (it's not publicly funded here)....that being said, the doctors will recommend how many times we should try it.

in my experience: i went day3 for the fsh bloods, i went on the ovulation drug - letrozole - then monitoring from day7-8 and the injection to induce ovulation (they didn't want too many eggs at once), then we went in the morning - the day following the injection - where hubby left his sample and they spun it, then they did the procedure - which was them using a syringe and tube to bypass the cervix and inject the sperm directly into the uterus.  

this month we're doing all of the testing and whatnot to determine how they'll go about our treatment.

about the googling......beware!  i have driven myself crazy doing that.  everyone is different, and their situation different.  if you keep that in mind, and use it as advice and general information only, then you're fine.  but i haven't met anyone yet who can not get freaked out and confused when inundated with google info.

i hope this helps!

• thanks helps alot! How are you doing? x

• hi ladies due to start iui in july x
  • ooo me too lottie just got to sign paperwork and have injection lesson! Have you done that? I am not sure if I will be down regging? X

• hiya I have my lesson next friday xx
  • the thurs a after that image can't wait to start! X

• how was your lesson? x

• hi ladies, just checking in after a long haitus!  i thought to lay low for a bit and finally found a job, so i've been busy.

i think we are going for a round now in august!