Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Fibroids and infertility

Hi ladies.

I had a scan last week and  the doctor discovered a fibroid about 1cm x 2cms from what he could see so I am hoping this can be treated I have an appointment in September for this, I hope this is the reason for my heavy periods and may explain why I haven't fallen pregnant in the last 4 years.

has anybody else had fibroids and can offer any advice.

Many thanks!

Replies

• Hi, dear!

Omg!! I just saw the size of your fibroid! It surprises me the doctor even wants to remove it! Does it cause a lot of symptoms? I got pregnant with four fibroids. Probably very small before pregnancy, but they were there, the biggest one with 4 cm during pregnancy. 

What kind of fibroid do you have? Does the Dr. believe it is causing infertility? (You can answer the questions fom the other thread here if you want).

• Hi, oh gosh I didn't realize you could even have a different type of fibroid, they havens said what type it is, they picket it up on a scan recently as we begun started to have some tests for infetility, I have extremely heavy periods and I take medication for it, they haven't said but I am assuming the fibroid contributes to the heavy periods as I never used to have bad periods, they also said until it is treated they won't take the tests any further.

• Yeah, there are different types and my Dr. didn't tell me what kind mine were either. i heard sometimes it is difficult to know, even with ultrasound. They are harmless most of the times, or can cause trouble during the cycles and sometimes can make it difficult to conceive, depending on the type and size of fibroid. I think the Dr. probably have a reason remove yours, but I have never heard of such small fibroid having to removed surgically, but I also haven't heard of this kind of fibroid causing heavy bleeding. Drs usually avoid surgeries because fibroids can also come back, but yours is probably a different case. Hoping the best of luck for you. I believe the surgery may be quite simple and when you get this thing out of the way, you will feel better and have a lot more chances to conceive.

Hang in there, hon!  ;) xxxxx

• Sorry I wasn't that clear on my first post, the first app will be where the inset a camera to investigate it further and then if they can remove it there and then they will if not we will look at other options then

• Sorry I hadn't finished the post, I have had my new app through and it's in a couple of weeks so not long to wait, its good that yours haven't got in the way of TTC. image