Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

TTC no2 after LTTC no1

Hi ladies, just wondered if anyone else was TTC no2? 

I waited 2.5 years for my gorgeous girl who I conceived thanks to clomid. I udes the LTTC forms lots then! 

Im so scared that this time it will take just as long. it's such an emotional roller coster. Just wondered if anyone is in the same position as me? 

Xxx

Replies

• Hi Alice,

I'm back again too- just came on to have a nose, as I was considering posting, but wasn't sure where I belonged!

We took 3 years to concieve our little girl, who's now 10 months. We haven't used any birth control since she was born, but to be honest, we have hardly had any reason to until recently.  We figured the risk was low of concieving if we ever dtd, as I am also still breast feeding and so, if it happened earlier than planned, it wouldn't be ideal, but would still be a blessing.

I am very reluctant to allow myself to fall into the pit of despair that goes with obsessive peeing on sticks and sampling of cervical mucous!!!  But I might just buy some ovulation test sticks soon.

I have had no sign of my cycles re-starting (I use the word "cycles" very loosely!) yet, so at least I'm not 2ww-ing yet.  How about you?

How old is your little one? xx

• Hiya, it's nice to see a familiar name! 

My girl is 17 months now. I'm so broody!! I have wanted another for a while but didn't feel ready. In some ways I don't think I can prepare myself anymore so may as well get on with it! 

Im in a similar postition to you. We havent used any contraception as I think the likelihood of me falling pregnant naturally are very slim!! 

I have ordered ovulation tests so just waiting for them to come through then once i get my period (god knows when that will be be) we will start trying. I think I'm going to go back to the drs and ask for clomid again as it worked for us last time. Ive still got tablets left from last time so I might use them in the first month I haven't decided yet. I am going not going to let TTC beat me this time it takes up too much energy.

How is your little girl? It's such a cliche but its amazing how quickly they grow isnt it?!

Is there anything you are dreading about pregnancy/labour second time around?

xx

• Hey!  I am exactly the same- I have some clomid left and though I might use it, but at a much lower dose than the Dr told me to take before, as I think that might have had an adverse effect on my ewcm.

I might get some ov sticks, as I am curious about my ovulation- I keep thinking I might be, but then I don't get af.

But yes, our lo is my whole world- the whole motherhood thing is one, big cliche and I've now become everything I used to hate in smug, married mother-types!  I can't believe she'll be 1 soon.  But I also really thought I would be completely happy if I could just have one baby, but I now know I will be gutted if we can't have another- I feel very ungrateful, as I know how lucky I am to have our little miracle!

I had a reasonably good labour- there were things I wanted, that didn't happen, but I was quite happy with how the whole thing went.  If I don't have a nasty allergic reaction to a virus and don't have an evil bully of a boss, then any other pregnancies will be quite traight-forward!   How bout you? x

• Hello ladies, 

Just thought I would comment, I was lttc my first, I got diagnosed with pcos and my hubby had 2 sperm tests that came back low count (6 million) and also low motility. We were told we would need IVF, went on the waiting list, and then got pregnant naturally. We decided to start trying again for a second at the start of the year, and because I had my boy it was nowhere near as bad as first time round. We already knew what the issues were and what we did to help ourselves last time, so I felt like we had a bit of a head start. You just don't have time to dwell on it like you do when you don't have a lo. By some miracle after only 6 months I have just got a BFP (I am about 6 1/2 weeks). I am really shocked as I was expecting it to take much longer. So you never know, it might be easier than you think now your body has done it once before and you know what your problems are from the word go. Wishing you absolutely loads of luck xxx

• Hey, Magpie!  Its like the old gang back together again!!!  Congratulations on your BFP!  I would love it if that happened to us too.  But I've put on tonnes of weight, so I'm not hopeful this will help with the pcos.  Losing weight when still breast feeding is really hard (might have known that I wouldn't be lucky enough to be the type to loose weight easily when BF!).  That sounds like a lovely age gap for your two lo's xx

• Oh, and did anyone else find their pcos symtoms went away when pregnant?  But soon came creeping back once babies were born- grrrr! x

• Hehe it is! Ah thank you image I am very excited with the age gap as I thought it would creep into years trying!

I put on stacks of weight when I was pregnant and although I lost some of it I am definitely heavier than I was last time. It is so hard to concentrate on losing weight when you are looking after a baby. My cycles have been much better since having Thomas though, they were still long (normally about 34 days) but that is a massive improvement for me so thinking pregnancy must have helped a bit and hopefully it will have for you too. Although I wasn't getting any of the ovulation symptoms I used to get so I was starting to wonder if I was ovulating! I think most of my pcos symptoms stuck around while I was pregnant unfortunately! 

I will be following your progress with my fingers crossed image xx

• Lol Windy that sounds like me. I was so sure that I wouldn't turn into one of those mothers but i have! I would love to have at least 4 children I'm baby mad now lol. I had a really good labour the only thing im worried out is not getting to the hospital in time. last time i was 10cm when i got there and started pushing with 5 mins of being there after being told all day that i was in early labour and i should stay at home. It annoys me when midwifes think they know everything. U know when your baby is coming! Also i had SPD when i was pregnant so im not looking forward to having that again and running about after a toddler but i will get physio this time if it happens again. 

Are u going to try without clomid or are u going to use it straight away? 

i noticed all of my pcos symptons disappeared during pregnancy it was great but it returned really quickly after I had my daughter. 

Congrats Magpie! U must be so excited! I hope u have been keeping ok and the dreaded morning sickness hasn't kicked in. I agree it's a great age gap that u will have between your children. Do u think your more relaxed this time around? a few people I know have said that they are more relaxed about their second pregnancy. 

xxx

• Ah thank you Alice! I seem to be a bit jammy with the morning sickness thing, haven't had hardly any yet and didn't have any at all with my little boy! I definitely feel more relaxed this time, last time it took much longer and it would have been back to IVF if things hadnt worked out so I was so nervous and felt a lot of pressure for everything to be ok, this time I think I feel more confident as I know my body has done it before ok. And I don't have time to think about it as much! Wishing you loads of luck! Xxx

• Whoah, Alice.  That was a bit of a rush.  I just went to hospital when I felt like I needed pain relief- luckily, (or not!) I had high blood pressure and they kept me in.  But I know they refuse to pay any attention the things out of the ordinary, as I was concerned about rapid labour- both my sisters and my mum "popped" them out all of a sudden (they made my mum have a home birth for her 2nd, as the first came so quick!).   On a lighter note, my friend was ignored when she insisted she needed a poo and eventually the midwife condescendingly told her to do a poo where she was- so she pooped one out of the delivery room floor!!! "I said I needed a poo!"

I had SPD too, but I know now that I can control it, its the first 15 weeks I am dreading, as I was so ill.  I wish I had filmed my labour, as I would like to re-live it!

I am going to wait until I finish breast feeding before I think about using any drugs, or ov testing.  If it happens before then, thats great (all we're doing now is actually having sex regularly!).  The only other thing I have thought about is by-passing all that and going private for IVF with egg-sharing again (costs about £500).  But we'd have to get cracking soon.  I would really love to donate eggs, but the NHS won't let me while I am considering more children, so it would kill two birds with one stone.  But equally, I'd really like to see if my body will do it on it's own.

You deserve to enjoy every second of this pregnancy, Magpie.  I really hope I can avoid pregnancy nausea next time round- it was hell!

xxx

• Hi guys, not sure if any of you are still around, but I just wanted to share a bit of wonderful news with you! I got my bfp this morning! Just over 14 months post partum and still breast feeding!

I'm quite shocked, and obviously containing my excitement until we're over the risk period, but feeling very hopeful.

So, after 3 years ttc, it took 3 months to conceive this time- my af returned at 11 months pp. Which, I hope is good news and hope for others in a similar position x x x
  • Just seen this Windy, congratulations that is absolutely brilliant!!!! So so pleased for you! Isn't it funny how after struggling so much the first time it can be so easy the second! I never believed it would be like that. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy xx
  • Thank you, magpie! I had hoped something like this would happen, but I am doggedly optimistic at times and was well aware I may have been verging on delusional! Just got 5 weeks or so to wait until scan, I hope. Hope your 2nd is going well? X