Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Long-term ladies with short-term goals - our lucky bfp thread

Hi ladies, just wanted to return the closeness that we all have together. 

So af arrived for me again so I had a really emotional weekend and cried for most of it, sounds really silly when I know I have IVF coming but it doesn't make it any easier when a horrible witch arrives. How are you ladies doing? Xx

Replies

• Awww Levi! Im sorry that bitch arrived!!! I can totally understand you being upset - its kind of closing the door on one option for a while and opening the door to a new option. Which whilst being a great option must be a little scary. Do you now have the relevant funding for your IVF - sorry i lost track. Well we are here with you every step of the way!! And as always i have everything crossed for you!!

I had a lovely holiday and recharged my batteries good and proper! Have had my 20wk scan which was lovely and although we were team yellow we are having a very not shy little boy - he took us all by surprise by spreading his legs and revealing his crown jewels! So we are delighted.

Loads of love and hugs hun, hope you are ready to pick yourself back up, hold yourself high, fill yourself with positivity and start the next stage of yuor journey. If anyone can do it - you can!!!xxxx

• hey levi - sorry you struggled with af this time around, I was the same way.  It just seems less and less likely that dh and I will get a bfp on our own....though I have a couple more months at least before treatment would stat.  When do you start the IVF thing?

Not much to report from me, I have a follow up appointment later today so we will see what come out of that.

• Hi girls. Katie!! That's so wonderful. So happy to hear you are having a healthy little boy. Bet you can't wait. Xx

ooh charley good luck with your app Hun let us know xx

yes I got the funding approved for one go through nhs, I called my fertility woman today and she booked me an appointment for the 16th October where we discuss start dates etc. Then I have to wait for af if the soy works and makes me ovulate then great but if not then I have to take provera to bring it on xx

• Hey there Levi so sorry you had a tough weekend with emotions. Those are very tough and its not silly at all sweetie its been a long road and its like closing one door and ventureing into a new one and its scarey no idea what is behind it but its a step in a good direction and I hope it works out great for you and you get your bfp before Christmas. 

Congrats Katie on finding out you have a little boy growing inside you my little boy wasn't shy about his parts either his 6 now and still nothing has changed still very proud of his parts lol. I've just gone 9 weeks and 3 days still feel crappy but I have a week off work now to try recharge the batteries and hopefully get over the worst of this sickness not to fun at all. Other then that though put my referral I to the hospital and had my checkup with doc all is looking well so far so yeah I'm happy my belly even has the slightest of toning to it I have a small jelly belly lol and its getting a little tighter so that's good be nice to see a baby belly forming instead of just a lazy junk food belly there lol.

Hope your appointment went well charley and hope you got some good news. Hugs to you all positive vibes and baby dust to you all

• Hello ladies,

Awwww Levi, lovely Levi I don't like it when you are feeling down! Stupid stupid af!!!! It is very hard honey, I know that you wanted a BFP, but if it was not meant to happen before the IVF it will definitely happen with the IVF! I just hope that everything goes well for you honey and that the IVF treatment is successful. I'm sending you some positive vibes, the positive thinking has helped me a lot. I was down in the dumps for weeks and cried about everything and hated every pregnant woman I saw. It was wrong to feel like that , but I know that you ladies will not judge me - at least I hope you won't! I feel happier about life now and I hope you will start feeling happier too!!!

Katie - that sounds soooooo cute!

Charlie - I hope the appointment went well. What did they say?

Jay - it is good to hear that you've got a week off, you've been struggling with all the sickness and work and this will be a well deserved time off. When if your 12 week scan? The sickness should ease off soon - fc!

As for me, af got me yesterday, but I am feeling excited about all the ttc in October. This has to be our month!!! I ordered some pre-seed and started drinking raspberry leaf tea. Still taking Maca and drinking Nettle tea too. My partner started taking Zinc yesterday - our house is like a little pharmacy ha ha ha

I asked my mum to book me in with her gyno, my mum lives abroad and has a private gyno and he said that for a 70 Euro fee I could register with him for a year. I want him to do a scan and make sure everything is ok inside, no cysts etc. I've not had a scan after the ERPC so I want to make sure that there are no problems that may be preventing me from conceiving. I am going to see my family at the end of the month so might as well see the gyno, just for some piece of mind.

xxxx

• Grrrr, I'm frustrated they had to reschedule my appointment to wednesday image . My dr is sick today, no one's fault I'm just fed up with waiting around.

levi - I'm excited for you, I'm sure you can't wait to get the IVF going

Judy - I'm going to try to get some of your positivity, I've been pretty negative lately.  Maybe October will be the right month for both of us. I'm due to ovulate soon enough (over the next 5 or so days).

Jay - some much deserved time off will help you feel better I'm sure!

• thanks ladies, hopefully time will fly by xx

Jay glad all is well, hope the sickness goes soon!! xx

sweetjudy - thanks chick, send me all the positive vibes you can!! hopefully with all your herbs your taking this month it will make the difference!! xx

Had right issues getting hold of soy iso today, went to Holland and Barratt and Tesco, Boots and Superdrug! got some from boots but just hoping its the right one! Evemum is on holiday now so cant ask her! xx

oh by the way, is there anyone i have not invited? i invited: Wooh, andi30xx, tuliprose, octarine, pinkshoes, evemum, Rosapenny. Sure i have missed some!! xx

• Hello ladies

Nice to are you all. It's nice to be able to follow the updates tooimage

Has been tricky catching up! Still not sure I am quite there.

Levi - so hoping everything goes well for your appointment. I have everything crossed (except my legs for obvious reasons) sorry! Couldn't resist!

We are feeling ready to start trying again too. Just taking it slowly but really hoping. Hope I don't set myself up for a fall.

My friend is pregnant now too so feeling like time is ticking.

Cycle is up the spout though I think. I am cd 19 and no ovulation although some ewcm. Who knows what will happen. Think we will just assume I won't ovulate but bd very so often in the hope we catch it.

Think wooh had her appointment today so hope that went well.

• Hey tulip, happy to hear you're feeling a bit better.
  • Thanks ladies I'm hoping it passes soon as I really need to continue work unless up to Christmas just money wise so yeah I'm postive thinking like Judy and hope for the best.

I might not be getting a 12 week scan yet I wasn't well last time I went to doc to get the scan and she asked about down syndrome and I said no not really thinking then realising afterwards that I won't have a scan until 18 weeks or so I am like crap gotnto go back and hope I can still get one but haven't been well enough to sit in doctors office and wait for doctor plus its school holidays here so got both boys home from school so carting them off as well lets just say I'd rather a hole in my head lol. Hopefully though I can get in to see doc and actually get one which would be in the next 3 weeks.

I don't think you have missed anyone Levi its been so long and have a crappy memory LOL. Hope everything goes well for you on the 16th and the soy helps to bring on af so you can start ivf quicker cause waiting sucks.

sorry your doc was ill charley and you had to reschedule but hopefully everything can be sorted on Wednesday and doc gives you good news or a easy solution.

Fc tulip your cycles get back to normal soon and it won't be long before you get another bfp and this time a sticky one.

Hugs to all and sending lots of positive energy to you and baby dust

• Hello ladies,

Levi - what about BellasMummy (AMY) and Sarah Rowland? I think Evemum bought the soya from Tesco. How are you feeling today? Are you feeling more positive?

Tulip - nice to hear that you are doing ok honey. Try to BD as much as you can and you will see what happens. You will get there hun, we all will! Did the docs say that everything was ok after the chemical / mc?

Charlie - why did the dr have to be sick yesterday? They could have put it off for a day ha ha. Hope the next appointment goes ahead and the results are good.

Jay - I hope you still get some rest and recharge your batteries. Will you post a pic on here when you have your scan? I know you've got a few weeks to go, but it sounds so exciting imageimage

CD3 for me today ladies and nothing to report - af only lasted 2 days, it is almost non-existant at the moment, but I've got a feeling that it might return later. We shall see! I've got to admit that I'm really liking this raspberry leaf tea - it tastes so nice, I could drink it forever ha ha. Does anyone know how many cups per day I should be having?

I had a flyer through for cervical screening yesterday so will call the docs and ask if I could have a scan as well to ensure that everything has healed ok after the mc and erpc.

xxxx

• Morning girls, 

How are you all today? i keep trying to post on the other thread but i just don't know what's going on! lol didn't want to abandon it completely but i cant keep up!! 

Tuliprose so lovely to have you here hun, hope your cycle settles down soon and you can get your sticky bean! Glad we can be here for you to support you through it xxx

Wooh! what happened in your appoiintment hun? xx

Jay - oh gosh, you poor thing, sickness must be really bad, hope you get to have a 12 week scan! I will need to work right up till the end lol so hope i dont get sickness like that!  xx

Cd3 today whoop whoop. Gosh is this af not over yet! Going to take the soy today for 5 days, please work!! xx
  • Hey sweetjudy, you posted same time as me! hee hee, yes i have invited bellasmummy already sorry and i will add Sarah thanks. Feeling ok today started a low carb diet yesterday really want to shift some pounds before IVF starts, oh and got my blood test results they were all fine, the days 3-4 egg quality and HIV one for me and DH x

Your the same as me then! cycle buddies yay, i take the tablets rather than drink the tea, i think you have around 3 cups per day? does it say on the pack? i have three tablets. Only drink it up to o though sweetie. Hope everything has healed! let us know when you have your scan xx
  • hey ladies hope you're all doing well. Not a lot to report on my end, waiting for ovulation.  My temperature spiked today but I think its because I didn't sleep well.  I think my chart is going to be thrown completely off this month because I seem to toss and turn at night.

• Hey ladies,

Charlie - I have been like that for the last few nights. Especially yesterday - I was a bit freaked out at night so couldn't sleep and kept tossing and turning image 

Levi - cycle buddies indeed image I will drink 2-3 cups per day until a couple of days before ovulation. I ordered some more tea from H&B because it is on offer for £1 and ordered some capsules too. I also started a diet yesterday - see how I long I can last ha ha. My partner had a go again last night and said that I should eat properly because I'm trying to get preggo. Since my mc I've put on 10 lbs so obviously if I carry on like this I will be like an elephant by the time I get pregnant ha ha 

xxx

• Hi girls image I got my blood results back today, turns out im anaemic, which explains all of my symptoms - tiredness, dizziness, breathlessness, heart palpitations and headaches. They've prescribed me ferrous fumerate 210mg 3 times a day which seems like a lot, so I think im going to phone the doctors and ask for my hb count so I can find out how anaemic I am because I dont want to take 3 a day if I dont need to as they cause constipation which im already struggling with anyway image I was anaemic with Bella too, hb rarely got above 7 (it's supposed to be 11) so its not surprisingly really. Need to eat more steak and brussel sprouts lol. Glad everyone's ok, so much easier to keep up with this thread. Xx
  • judy - so happy I'm not alone in the erratic temps.  I broke down and got opk's ...I shouldn't have because I become obsessive over them, but because my temps are so crazy I want a way of knowing when I ovulate

• Hi ladies,

Charlie - my temps are always erratic during and after af. They tend to settle down before ovulation image Let's hope the opk's work for you honey. Is your docs appointment today?

Amy - oh noooo, I hope these iron tablets don't make you too constipated honey - 3 per day is quite a lot.

Levi - how are you today hun? I ordered some more raspberry leaf tea from H&B yesterday and some capsules image I love this tea, could drink it forever!

CD4 today for me and nothing to report. AF disappeared yesterday so it only lasted 2 days really. 

How is everyone today?

xx

• Hi lovelies image

I've come down with a horrible cold image I feel like crap and look even worse lol. I thought I'd escaped it when dh had it but obviously it was just waiting for my immune system to let its guard down. Hope it doesn't last too long image

Judy - have you sought help for your raspberry leaf tea addiction? Hahaha. I drank it when I was overdue with Bella, didnt like it much tbh, and it didnt even work -.- xxx
  • hey judy - yes my appointment is today image hoping for some answeres!