Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

A positive story

I know how hard long term ttc is. I was trying for 3 years. Diagnosed with unknown infertility. After many investigations, 1x failed ivf. We finally conceived our little boy on clomid. We then conceived our little girl naturally 2 years later!! During one of my lowest points in the ttc journey when my best friend got pregnant I started to write a poem. I thought I'd share it with you. Don't lose hope ladies, it will happen!! I can't do this anymore All these years of trying I fear I'm becoming a bore For I can't help all this crying For when others tell me of their baby A smile or laugh I will show But I feel my heart is breaking into 20 I don't show anyone that I feel so low My family are fantastic But struggle with how to be We all thought it would happen quick But counting years we're nearing 3 I wish I could give him a family For that is what he deserves And the problem lies with me I'm sure it must get on his nerves I pray to god we will get there A baby of our own we'll be blessed We will show so much love and care And we will overcome this test. We have a gorgeous boy who we love More than you could ever comprehend And if that happiness wasn't enough I will happily tell you, I'm pregnant with our 2nd!! : )

Replies

• Poem didnt come out in right format. Will try again!

I can't do this anymore

All these years of trying

I fear I'm becoming a bore

For I can't help all this crying

For when others tell me of their baby

A smile or laugh I will show

But I feel my heart is breaking into 20

I don't show anyone that I feel so low

My family are fantastic

But struggle with how to be

We all thought it would happen quick

But counting years we're nearing 3

I wish I could give him a family

For that is what he deserves

And the problem lies with me

I'm sure it must get on his nerves

I pray to god we will get there

A baby of our own we'll be blessed

We will show so much love and care

And we will overcome this test.

We have a gorgeous boy who we love

More than you could ever comprehend

And if that happiness wasn't enough

I will happily tell you, I'm pregnant with our 2nd!! : )
  • aww im so pleased you now have two beautiful babies! my friend was trying for 5years and became pregnancy, she miscarried and i found out i was pregnant not long later and we had only been together for two months. i was worried about telling her because i felt id upset her. she acted all happy when she found out but im not so sure she really was