Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ICSI treatement

Hi, husband and i have been TTC for 16 months. Was reffered to our local fertility clinic which sent us off for more tests.

My doctors think i may have polycystic ovaries, so this may effect me. Our next appointment is in December, where i have an ultra sound and talk options with the results.
My husbands results have come back low and abnormal twice now, and in the comments of the results, says to suggest treatement of ICSI. This is - Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). Which involves injecting a single sperm directly into an egg in order to fertilise it. The fertilised egg (embryo) is then transferred to the woman’s womb.

Basically, i wanted to know if anyone has gone through this before, and their story?

I am not good with needles, and been looking things up, that i would have to inject my stomach several times a day, to make sure my body is ready if an egg is fertilised.

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hello 

i will require ICSI too, I am waiting for my appointment to sign referral funding form to be sent off to CCG for my area to approve funding. We found out a while ago after tests but my age meant I was too young to meet criteria.

x

• Hi, sorry i have just seen this. How long did it take you to get nhs funding approved?
    How are you now in the process? Hope alls going well image 
    My appointment is tomorrow, and getting a bit nervous. Want it to hurry up! Intreaged to see what they say xx