Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Low Sperm Count - Need Advice

Hi ladies,

A lot of you will know my story, but here it is again - got preg in Feb after ttc for 2 months and I think that we were incredibly lucky to get pregnant. Miscarried in April and have been ttc since. I had a full check up and scan and been told that I ovulated and that my body worked properly. DH did a couple of home sperm count tests and they were both negative imageimage Poor man is very disappointed! He is going to call our GP tomorrow and get a proper test done and also go to a private clinic to get a full sperm MOT done.

I was wondering if any of your dh's had these tests done and what medication  / advice they were given in respect of a low sperm count. If the docs tests prove that his sperm count is very low, do we have to go for IVF or are there any other avenues to explore?

I feel really sad for him image, I know that he is very sad and disappointed and I cannot make it any better. I also worry that he will think that I am blaming the whole thing on him - I would never do that and I told him that lots of times, however he thinks that I will end up resenting him if our ttc journey doesn't prove to be successful.

I would appreciate any advice

Thank you ladies!

xxx