Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is this IB? Ovulation?

Hello ladies, I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone who has IB could offer any advice. My husband and I have been TTC for nearly 6 years. This past Wed. I used the bathroom after waking up and I had brown spotting. This happened daily at least once, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Sometimes it had a very small amount of cervical mucus other times it was the very thick and sticky mucus. Saturday I had the brown spotting when I first woke up and late that evening I got the thick clear mucus with a fleck of bright blood in it and I got that once again on Sunday. Today I have had no bleeding at all. My periods are extremely unpredictable, usually only 2 or 3 a year. I did have one the 3rd week of Jan. I have never had this bleeding happen before, and I took a pregnancy test which was negative. I am not sure if I was ovulating or if it was IB. I usually have pain in my ovaries when I ovulate, and I had no pain with this. Anyone have any similar experience? Should I test again, the negative test brought me down hard, and I don't want another disappointment. When should I take another test? How many days before any one got their positive result after IB?

I tested on Friday. I didn't have any pregnancy tests left, so I had to run out to the store and the only one available was the cheapy one. I know those aren't always the most accurate, but I have seen several people say that they tested positive the day after the first sign of spotting. So I wanted to give it a shot. On Monday I got what I thought was ovulation mucus, then Wednesday is when I woke up to brown spotting. I have never had any bleeding while ovulating (I have never had any kind of bleeding/spotting other than when I am on my period) and I thought it was odd that I didn't have any of the symptoms that I normally have when ovulating. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but it is so hard when we have waited so long.