Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First cycle of Clomid

Hi ! 

I am new to this forum. I have been TTC for the past 13 months and was recently diagnosed with PCOS. Will be starting my first cycle of Clomid tomorrow and have mixed emotions. 

Anyone out there new to Clomid / have done a cycle or two?

Would like to hear about your experiences (positive or otherwise) to know what to expect / anticipate!

Thank you! 

SPJD

Replies

• Hi hun... i have been diagnosed with pcos today after 11 months of trying. I burst in to tears when the nurse told me. Starting to research online what can be done. Im so scared i will never conceive. Would love to hear how you are getting on as i may be put on to this treatment x
  • SPJD, I'm in the middle of my first cycle using Clomid. Other than a few spots and a few headaches, I didn't find anything untoward about using Clomid image

The good news is I FINALLY ovulated (woohoo!!!), my follicles were lovely and big and ready to pop out the egg. Hooray!

The only weird thing (which we were willing to chance!) was that there is a much higher chance of conceiving multiple babies. For me, two follicles were ready so when ovulating, they'll both be likely to popped out, then an equal chance of being fertilised. But to be honest, we would be more than happy to take the risk (as there are increased risks). 

Other than that, I've found it a pretty stress-free thing (although don't let the tablets touch your tongue without water in your mouth... oh god, they are disgusting!), other than the normal stresses of ttc!