Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid Tablets Success

124»

Replies

• Options
    Hello nikkita..

3 days and still no period! And no signs.. The only thing thats been happening is ive got a bloody nose when I wake up?

Xxx
  • Options
    Ooo exciting! Good luck! I spent Tuesday night awake all night in lots of pain. Oh how I hate periods!

It all sounds positive for you hun xxx
  • Options
    Have you ever heard of bloody nose being a pregnancy sign?

Have you tried using a hot water bottle? They work wonders for me

Xx
  • Options
    No I haven't actually it's a strange one. Yes hot water bottles are amazing my life saver when it's my time of the month. The only thing that actually works

Xxx
  • Options
    I have looked up on and it says it can be a sign because of your body going through changes. I really dont feel pregnant though...

I think a hot water bottle works so much better then other medicines they recommend!

Xxx
  • Options
    Hi Jess

Soooo... Did the dreaded period arrive or was it a BFP?

I've just tested positive for ovulation so let's hope this is the month. I'm really starting to lose hope now likes it's never going to happen image hope your ok xxx
  • Options

Hello Nikita, 

i have neither image i am now on 100mg clomid, if my period doesn't show again this month I have to go and see gynaecologist again. I am starting to feel down in the dumps and very sad...

so glad you have ovulated, don't lose hope Hun.

• Options
    Aww sorry to hear that hun. I hope it works this month! I haven't ovulated yet I thought I had but noticed today's and yesterday's test had 2 lines the 2 lines that mean negative not positive :/ so I'm going to test every day to see if i ovulate xxx
  • Options
    Hey Jess how's it going? Im about due at the moment so waiting to see what happens. My fingers are crossed!!

Good luck!

Xx
  • Options

Have either of you ever considered taking your temperatures in a morning?? You both seen so confused as to when you're ovulating and, contrary to what I thought, it's so easy to spot if you're taking your temperatures.

I have Lean PCOS and I've been ttc since Feb 2013, referred Aug 2013 and began Clomid in March. For me, it caused giant cysts twice, completely messing up my cycles, once resulting in a 9 week constant bleed. Turns out I'm super sensitive to the hormone within it! I'm now on injections which has worked perfectly so far (waiting to test).

Through all this, taking my temp has been the only thing that has kept me sane. Ovulation sticks never worked for me (except finally this month!). It's a pain initially taking your temp the same time every morning but it becomes routine and you know what's happening. Your temps should be lower prior to ovulation and then rise quite obviously after, dropping again before af. But you're looking for patterns so the odd high or low doesn't mean much.

There's ways to track it too, I use Fertility Friend, on a computer or there's an app (if you click the link below my signature, my charts should be there and you can see the patterns - or lack of!). FF also helps you understand things like cervical fluids and what they mean at diff times. (If you join after clicking on a current member's charts, you also get pro membership for a month.)

It also helps you distinguish between symptoms. Clomid should only really give you symptoms around the 5 days you take it and a few days afterwards. Then if you're tracking your temperatures, you'll see when you ovulate (FF usually tells you, too) and then you can start symptom tracking like a crazy person (me...!) once that's happened, rather than trying to guess if you've ovulated or not.

Jess, did you start Clomid again this cycle after your doc told you to or did you just start it yourself?? Seems like neither of you have been scanned very regularly :-/

Anyways, seriously, temperature taking is the biggest empowerment we can have really, because at least we can physically see change rather than trying to read the confusing signs our bodies send out. Def worth thinking about image Way more accurate than pee sticks (though they can work with FF, if you feel you HAVE to pee on something, ha!!).

Stephani, how did you get the medication if your doctor said to wait a year? Did you buy online? I don't know about the orivdel shot (different names in UK) but if it's like my trigger shot, it will show on pregnancy tests at first because you're injecting HCG into your body to make you ovulate. If you're pregnant, the HCG will be detected from or near the day your period is due, so any tests before then, especially near the time you injected, don't count. I'd just wait until af is due and test again then - not worth the stress of wondering 'what if' all the time.

Good luck image

• Options

WooH, no I didn't order my meds online. I went back to my RE for a hcg test and told him I didn't want to wait a year and he started me on the meds. I just started my tww Sunday, 11-12 days to go!! I'm back to testing the orvidel out of my system.

• Options
    Phew! I thought you meant he'd said wait so you went and ordered them. Have heard some absolute horror stories about fertility meds online so really happy you haven't done that!!

Good luck image xxx