Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My experience with unprescribed clomid

This is my second post on here. No sites really explain what happens when you take unprescribed clomid. Im not here to give a lecture, well far from it, im here as someone who couldn't conceive for a very long time after having a miscarriage which was my first and only pregnancy. I bought Clomid online. I knew the dangers but still took it. After the second day the pain in my abdomen and lower back was really bad so after only taking 2 50mg Clomid tablets over 2 days i stopped them. I had a Ultrasound scan booked in 2 weeks after, not due to taking Clomid this was because i wanted answers as to why i could not conceive. I wasn't worried about the pain i was going through as i had a scan coming up so i got on with my life and didn't think anything about it. I went for my scan and before i arrived home my GP rang me and asked for my consent to refer me to a gynaecologist under the 2 week cancer rule. He told me i had a very large cyst on my left ovary, i could not take in what he was saying, i thought well if it was from the Clomid it would be ok, so why was he saying this to me? After all dont cancerous cysts look different? the weekend i searched various sites and none came up with the answers i needed. Could clomid could do this to me? I googled ovarian cancer over and over and cysts from clomid, but because i couldn't be patient and wait and find out why i couldn't get pregnant, i am now stuck with the worry, Is this a cyst from Clomid or is this Malignant? I went to see my doctor in tears today begging him for answers. He told me the size of the cyst is worrying and this is why i have been referred. If i had just waited would i have this cyst now? Or did i have an underlying problem? Do i have a tumor? I dont know, so now at the age of 24 i am worrying i have ovarian cancer, panic attacks and my mind is all over. My stomach is bloated, especially on the left side and i can barely eat now due to the pain when i do eat and nausea. Obviously i was too worried to tell my GP about Clomid. What i am saying is no one really posts about the dangers of clomid or gives their story, so i hope mine will prevent at least one person reading this post from taking it until they go through the proper treatment and health checks. I can not believe how stupid i have been and now i am paying for it