Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ttc with clomid

I'm new to this. Here is my story. I'm 25, never been pregnant. For the past 16 months my fiance and I have been ttc. I went to the doctors yesterday. He prescribed me plavera 10mg to start my period. I haven't had a period in 2 months, I have always been irregular. Once it starts I will take Clomid day 5-9 of my cycle. Every morning I will be checking my temperature and charting to see my ovulation. Any success stories or advice would be very much helpful.

Replies

• Options
    Someone please give me advice??
  • Options
    Hi alln i need so positive vibes. Me and hubby have been trying for 2 years. 3rd round of clomid done. In my 2 week wait period. 2 days ago my breasts started being tender?

Any one with similar effects or could this be early preg signs. Did prog test day 21 was low 13.4. Previous month it was 63, but previous month i took it day 5-9 and this month i took it day 3-7.

Any advice?
  • Options

Tinachris,

Plavera (Provera??) just kick-starts your period usually about 5 days after taking it. No side-effects with that, really. The Clomid side-effects seem scary but if you take it at night, you're not awake to experience any of them! I got a few spots, but that was it, although I had a hyper-sensitive reaction to it internally. 

It's a great idea to track our cycles. I feel like it gives me a sense of control (even though I know I don't control it) and ownership over myself when I can see when I've ovulated or approaching it.  One thing that is confusing/concerning me though: have you been told you'll be scanned to see if the Clomid is actually working? It might be me just mis-reading/misunderstanding what you've written, but it seems like you've kind of just been left to it, which seems not right at all.  

Where I live, the GP's don't prescribe Clomid - it's all done through the Fertility Clinic, so all ultra-sound equipment is there, handy because I'm constantly scanned.  When I was prescribed it, I was scanned on cd2 before beginning Clomid (check ovaries are clear after a period), then around cd12 to see if the follicles were developing. Most importantly, this was to see if they'd OVER-developed; if more than 2 follicles develop, they often won't allow you to go ahead and try that month, because you could end up with multiple babies and this presents huge risks to mother and babies. I had 4 follicles develop once and was not allowed to try (this is OHSS - Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome, I think the full term is). If only 1 or 2 are mature, then they say to go ahead and try. Next scan is about 3 days past ovulation. Finally, if no period 14 days later, take a pregnancy test, and if you get a period, the whole cycle thing starts again. Or if you're me, you don't get a period after 14 days but you're not pregnant and it turns out you've a gigantic cyst taking over your insides... paaaahh!

I'd maybe contact your GP and ask if you'll be given an internal scan to check if the Clomid is working - it really is an important part of the cycle. Because you'll be tracking your cycles, you can tell when you've ovulated but it won't tell you how many eggs have popped and this is the sort of stuff your doctors NEED to know. 

Wishing you good luck - can you let me know how you get on? x

• Options

Shani, it depends where in your two-week wait as to why your breasts are tender. If it's immediately after ovulation, it can be just down to the surge of hormone. If it's closer to the end, it could be an early pregnancy sign OR just a sign of impending period! I've been agonising over the exact same problem - mine are in agony this month, but my fertility nurses say there's really no way to tell whether it's pre-menstrual boob ache or early pregnancy symptoms. 

Good luck!

• Options
    I'm now on my 3rd cycle of Clomid and still no luck image I do my basal body temps daily and my graphs are all over the place. My Dr said she can't tell if I'm even ovulating. I started to do ovulation test this month and I'm on day 13 of my cycle and still no positive ovulation. Any advice? I'm starting to get very discouraged image
  • Options
    Hi all. I was on 100mg of clomid for 5 days. It is now 4 days after ovulation and this morning i had verly light bleeding...only when i wipe.... im so confused. No other symptoms!pls can i have some advise.
  • Options
    Any luck whooh?