Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

long term ttc finally seeking help

hi all

been trying for a second baby for over 5 1/2 years  hubby always used to say if its ment to be it will happen but finally agreed to seek help

in the past I got pregnant naturally after a year trying then miscarried then tried 2 more years and had tests done which only showed I have underactive thyroid and hubby has low motility

since then I got pregnant again naturally and gave birth to my daughter in 2008 but been trying since she turned one

saw doc recently and said we may not qualify for NHS help with tests and treatment cos of already having a child naturally so im waiting to here whats happening with it 

anyone heard of not getting NHS help cos of having a child? or can advise what will happen next?

thanks

Replies

• Hi sophiesmummy

Unfortunately you won't get funding on the NHS if you already have a child, we had been trying for 2 years for our 2nd baby with no luck so we're referred by GP, at the fertility clinic the doctor said we would have to pay for our own treatment which would be around ??3500 for IVF ??600 for IUI both of which were out of our price range, our only other option was to carry on trying naturally and see what happens..... So we did and have just got a BFP after 2 years, try not to give up hope it will happen for you xxx
  • hi thanks for replying to me my GP got back to me when we went and saw him and asked for help

we can have tests done and if we need treatment we allowed everything but ivf on NHS

im currently on raspberry ketones to lose weight to help things along im due a blood test on fri (week before af) and then another blood when af starts im due on 11th oct and hubby got his pot for his test

lots of waiting around but have booked a holiday for half term to take mind off things and so we can enjoy time with our daughter but its getting hard when she keeps asking for a brother and hubby is looking at baby clothes cooing over them more then me now

hope we get results and help soon

• hi all I had my blood test a week before I was due af and af showed 5 days early which was 2 days after blood and cancelled the one I booked for when I should of been on af

my progesterone is low so don't know what that means on a shorter cycle then usual

also last time hubby had sperm count he had low motility which was just before I had our daughter we just got results and he almost normal ranges for everything  now so I guess the reason we been trying 5 years is down to me which has kicked me in the teeth so been crying a lot

need to have more tests done now on me but I cant cope with fact if its not a fixable problem I wont have another baby ever again it kills me cos I know im blessed with my miracle girl but I so long for another one