Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Meeting the Criteria for IVF

Hi All 

This is my first time to this website. TTC for over two years, married for 5  and have been back and forth from GP (unfortunately all locums), having blood tests and hubby's samples and have been told on numerous occasions no problems detected. 

Finally got referred to a gynie, 1st appointment yesterday, went in fully prepared with lots of questions, which all went out the window when she said hubby's tests came in with a count of at 8 m. Only route is IVF. Completely gutted that we've wasted the last 6 months not knowing what the issue was. On the positive at least we now know.

So I now need to lose two stone to meet criteria, we only get one shot in our lottery postcode!! Have been reading up on lots of website and all seem to be doom and gloom about the success rates being low.  Does anyone know if you use your go in your current address - can you move to a PCT that offer more chances and still get those cycles?

Has anyone been in the same boat and had any success? Any information or anyone sharing their experiences would be greatly received, most of my friends and family seem to be popping them out left right and centre with no issues!

Replies

• Hi ya..Unfortunately if u move u won't get another go..tried it lol...One ivf that's it...The form will ask if u had ivf previous, good luck! X