Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ivf when?

Hi all, Just after a bit of info if anyone can help.. Me an my partner have been TTC for 2 years 4 months! Been under fertility clinic for a year now! Had all tests done. Partners SA came back fine. Problem seems to lie with me not ovulating regularly! We did conceive in march on clomid but turned out to be an ectopic! Went back the fertility clinic and the consultant said she didn't want to give me any more clomid, instead she done more blood tests and another scan! That was September! We've got another appointment to see her on 26th this month, just wondering what the likelihood is that she will refer us for ivf? Or what the other options might be! Thanks

Replies

• Hi sunshine, I didn't want to read and run. My situation isn't quite the same, but I can let you know my experience.

I got pregnant after trying for 3 months and miscarried at 10 weeks, after that I got pregnant again, but it took 8 months...sadly miscarried again. after the second miscarriage DH and I tried for a year with no success. We had fertility testing done and very little was found to be wrong (DH had slightly low count and motility, but it was definitely still possible to conceive naturally). After the testing we were referred to try IUI (different than IVF I know). The cycle before we were to do IUI I got pregnant and i now have my sweet baby girl. It took just shy of 2 years to get pregnant the third time and even though it was very possible for me to conceive on my own we were still referred for IUI.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I would think they would at least present you with the option of IVF, especially considering your troubles with ovulation.

Sorry I'm not more helpful. Wishing you all the best image