Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Low sperm count success stories

2»

Replies

• Options

Hi ladies

My wife and I talked and next month we will start the pregnancy song and dance. I wanted to be proactive so I began researching vitamins to help boost my sperm quality. I visited a website fairhavenhealth.com and read all the review which I was impressed by the result to which men sperm quality improved within 3 months. The vitamins are expensive but well worth the money when trying to start a family. I have been taking the recommend vitamins; Motility boost, fertilaids, and countboost for 3 weeks and I stand behind their product as I have seen a change in my ability to have more sex and hopeful we will conceive within six months of trying. I have not been tested for low sperm however, it never hurt be proactive when trying to conceive.

• Options

Hi anyone husbands been in Clomid with any success? 

• Options

Hello ladies,

I came across this forum a couple months ago, during my research. And now that we have amazing news, I want to share a few tips that worked for us, maybe it will help someone reading this.

I am a guy, and around 2 months before trying to get pregnant, I decided to test my "soldiers". I wanted to have my head clear before the whole process and get bad thoughts away, such as: "what if I can't?". I am glad I did it. My sperm count was half of the average man, which is quite low in my opinion. The morphology and motility were normal.

The doctor gave me a few tips, and I also did my research. I made a list of things to change and I followed it without exceptions during those 2 months. We got pregnant on the first try! We found out a few days ago and we still can't believe it!

So, this is not a magic formula. I am just letting you know what worked for me:

-Heathy diet. Stop with junk food completely and include greens, fruit, nuts, etc in your diet

-I took 3 different supplements daily: Folic, zinc and selenium.

-I don't move a lot because of my work, so I started to do a bit of exercise. Just try to get on the move. When I didn't have time to jog or bike, I was taking the stairs instead of the elevator on that day.

-I love very hot showers. I stopped with that because the excessive warmth decreases sperm count. Also, heated seats when driving decrease sperm count (a lot). Just make sure your partners avoid too much warmth in the testicles region.

-As everyone knows, avoid tight underwear. At the end of the day, when coming home, I actually was wearing pyjama only, avoided underwear until the next morning.

When the time to start was arriving, we also considered some things:

-We had sex around 4 days days before the ovulation, to eliminate my old sperm and produce a "fresh batch". The DNA of old sperm can be damaged. This guaranteed that we started the process at full power.

-The average woman has 6 fertile days per month. We identified this period with an ovulation test and started having sex even before ovulating. Some of the sperm can survive inside the woman's body, and fertilize the egg a couple days later. That increases the chances of success. Then, we had sex once per day during that entire period of fertile days.

-The psychological side of sex also plays an important role. I have read many times that the more excited the man is, the highest the sperm count in the orgasm. In other words, the hornier, the better. We got really into it and forgot that we were doing it just to have a baby.

That's it! It worked for us, faster than we could imagine. I hope You will succeed too and feel this amazing joy. Stay positive and do everything at your reach to increase the chances. Good Luck!

• Options

I think what happen is that the Fertility Clinics give us low expectations so we spend money in their clinics .

• Options
    edited Sep 18, 2019 4:04PM
    Hi All, I was also in similar situation. Had 4 mil sperm count, 2% morphology. My motility however was good(63%). We got lucky in the 8th month. After 7th month I took my sperm test and after the result was bad, I started taking multi vitamin. I don't think that is the reason for us becoming successful. We paced ourself every 2-3 days and it worked for us. There is so much negative news out there, that's why wanted to post something positive here. Good luck to all. 
  • Options
    My partners SA came back today with Volume and Concentration normal, but with 7% Motility and 2.8% Morphology. 4 days ago we found out while waiting for these results that we are pregnant—so we were QUITE surprised with the findings. I think this was our 9th cycle of TTC. Praying for good news at the first u/s as it's still very early but wanted to share our story if it helps give anyone else hope out there deal with poor SA results.