Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1st gynae appointment. What will happen?

Hi!

Ten years ago I went for an ultra sound to determine why my periods were so irregular. I found out that I had PCOS.

A year ago I wanted to start trying for children. I tried for a year but no luck. 

My periods are so irregular. Sometimes I have as little as 1 each year! 

I went to my GP who conducted a CD3 and CD21 blood test after he gave me a round of norothisterone. It came back that I had not ovulated. 

My DH had a SA and that came back normal and a chlamydia test came back negative.

I am growing really impatient, especially after waiting for results and long waits in between appointments. What normally happens at the first gynae outpatients appointment? 

I have heard lots about Clomid and really hope they give me this. Would this be likely? 

What sort of time frame am I looking at for some kind of help? Will they re do all my tests? 

Hope you can help. 

Laura

Replies

• Hi I had all the test bloods day 2 day 21 and i had a hysterosalpingogram and i wasn't ovulating on my own got put on clomid my little girls now 5 went back on clomid in Feb this year got pregnant 4 months later I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant good luck hope they give it to you x

• Thank you so much for your reply and congratulations! It is wonderful to hear success stories.

Did you have that test on your first appointment? How long did you have to wait until you were given clomid? 

• I went to the appointment they sent me for the test i had to do 3 lots of day 21 bloods then I had to go back 3 months later that's when they put me on clomid it is a long wait but if you get it its worth it took me 5 months on it first time then 4 this time x

• Sorry no the hgs  test I had to go down to scan and book it then when you go back after the 3 months they can see over the months if you have been ovulating or not but because you have already had bloods done it might be quicker for you x

• I really hope so! It is the waiting and not knowing which is really causing me to worry and stress. 

• I no how you feel as I have been there but I'm sure if your not ovulating and you are having irregular periods then this should be the next step to go on clomid good luck hope it all works out for you x