Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Starting Clomid March2016 anyone else?

Replies

• MamaAsh, 

Your starting Clomid tomorrow? And for how long? 

My side effects were hot flashes - I mean you want to walk around NAKED! LOL! 

I took two pills right before I went to bed...... 

• Shasha,

I just finished provera yesterday, so I have to wait until AF. Which I hope will do this weekend, so I can take Clomid next week for 5days :) and then have to start ttc. It says you can start trying from the 3rd pill as it will boos the ovulation from one to possible many, but generally I though the ovulation will happen 5-9 days after the last pill. 

And yeah, thanks for the heads up :) I read so much about those hot flushes ! 😂 my body got troubles not to drop temps, so I wish those flushes will be like a magic to me :) I mean, I will go wash my hands and my whole skin gets goosebumps and I'm shaking from touching the cold water. Aparently it's something to do with the blood circulation, my hands, nose and feet are always! like icicles :( 

Do they still give you clomid before IUI ? Sounds like a big deal, cos if we would not manage for 3 cycles then I also though about doing IUI, as it looks like direct way of insamination withouth all the ovu tracking and worries. Not sure if will qualify though. My doctors sucks anyway, today he told be he won't monitor my ovaries during clomid cycles :/ what a plonker!! Looks like I will have to do it privately and with someone else than him. 

So I will think of you on Saturday :)

I have no idea how you girls gonna wait to test now?!! I am already impatient and not even about my own tests ;) 

• Hi Shasha,

I hope you feel okay after your trigger shot ? Not sure if there is any side effects,  but assume there must be...

Big day tomorrow :D will you have any scans after that, like a week or so to check it up or do they just leave you to test with hpt's ? 

• Hi MamaAsh!

You brought a small tear to my eye..... cause we have kept this entire process to ourselves.... so i was surprised and touched by your message to me! Thanks.

My appointment was at 6am. My measurements are on track and the doctor administered the trigger shot (Ovidrel) at 6:30 am after my vaginal ultrasound and my IUI is tomorrow at 9:45 am.  My left ovary is dancing... I can feel it..... :-). I came home and was knocked out, I slept for 3 hours and now I feel okay. The first time I took it I took it at 9pm and went to bed, so I did not notice any side effects.  The real side effect that I want is a BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!!!! LOL! 

How are you feeling emotionally? I wanted to know if you are looking for a new DR? I did not get the impression that you were happy with your current doctor. This is my second Doctor as the first one was crazy... that I refused to go past diagnostic testing with his clinic.  I used Yelp and found my current doctor and I am very happy eventhough we still don't have a baby.....

• Good evening Shasha ;)

I figured you may need that message waiting there for you :) It's hard to keep it a secret becuase it's natural one want to share it with dearest people around, and being affraid of the results, the reactions and all the questions and pushing a doubts into one's thoughts.... naaaaaaah ;) you are doing great :)

Haha so at least you had a nice sleep. I hope you feel more relaxed now, now that things are in motion again:) it will happen, I mean come one, DR don't control everything and don't know everything clearly if I can't have children and have a son 😂😉 .... I am positive for you :) x

Wow, 6am. Sounds like a lot of time to think positive, your ovaries are happy too by the sound of it. I WISH YOU YOUR BFP !!

Yeah, thanks. Emotionally... not even sure anymore. From the first ideas of ttc again, through all the manic excitement to big dissapointment, giving up, waiting for an appointment, again and again and test etc. On the First meeting with this DR I felt like screaming inside of me. I was furious with him and with myself. On the Second one... I cried for three days :/ and after that I knew I need medical help to concieve again. the waiting list to different one is longer than having half way there with this guy... so it transformed into a battle with him. 

He went all sh** with me because I didn't let him to operate on me without checking my tubes, without the pills trials... he's nuts. He thretend me that I can't have this operation done by anyone else but him... "it's like having your car MOT'ed by different company" he said. 

Right at the same time I went through CBT therapy for MDD and Anxiety. Now that guy was brilliant, he opened my eyes a lot more and I knew then how to deal with my crazy DR, as I worked through my thoughts and had therapist help to give it a true opinion. I got the pills now, so now I can be more relaxed about changing the Dr as I wouldn't have to wait for that again. I thought so anyway. And this one keeps telling me I can't have a scan to check my ovaries and anything. So I will tell him what he can do with his service once I have a new one secured. And also will do official complaint then. It sounds mad, I know, but so far I have to use this. Aparently my eggs starting to get shorter too so we don't want to waste anymore time now. 

In all we both are all over the place. We really want this baby, we cried after every BFN, and my LO started saying brother/sister to our pushchair(LOL) and that sometimes gets us low. Yet having him already, is a blessing :) so if it really really can not be done, then we will learn how to live with it. Until then, there is some hope :)

Thanks for the tips, we will use yelp too then, never even thought to go through this app :)

Gosh, just seen the time... gotta go :) speak to you tomorrow !!! GOOD LUCK :) !! 

• imagehello all! im Aubrey, I am hoping to get good results as I start my first dose or round  of Provera tomorrow! Myself and my husband have been trying for 3 yrs now to try naturally to conceive our first little one was naturally conceived and is still healthy, but then after 2 miscarriages we decided to go to the fertility Dr and tomorrow starts this new journey and I was hoping I can go thru it with you all!

• I'm the waiting and the doctors office So many feelings. I'm asking God for strength and his favor for all of us! 

• thought I would share the beginning of my prayer:  “God, I’m turning it all over to You. You know my desires, and You know what’s best for me. I’m choosing to trust You and Your timing.”
  • Hello :) 

Sorry so late, but had a lot to clean this morning...flying building blocks, clothes then food ;) didn't even had my coffee today 😵

Shasha

, there must be something in it;) I do not belive in God, but when times where desperate I also did say a prayer... I said something like that " God I know I don't belive, but many others do. There is nothing else that would make me so happy, like to have a baby, son. If you are really that One we should trust, then you will help us have this baby, save us, help create that special new life". And it happen on the days when we concieved ! So much for atheists :)

How are you feeling ? Did they say anything about the eggs? I hope you could see it happening? Maybe ot helped you put your mind at ease. Let the game begin :)

• Hi Aubrey:)

Of course you can:) the more the marrier !

I hope that Provera is first and last one!! So you could do .... Clodim I assume?? So then the AF will come naturally, just in case you get pregnant, so I wouldn't take any more of Provera unless 100% sure not concieved.

Also how many pills you have to take? I only took 5 pills of 10mg Provera. What is the general plan then :)

I have finished my last pill on 16th, was hoping for AF on weekend, but there it goes  planing haha. 

• yea I will start clomid after getting my AF im supposed to take the clomid 3 days after my AF starts, and I also have pcos so Im  hoping it starts working naturally but I doubt  it haha, Im on 10 mg of provera for 5 days, and then im going to be on 50mg of clomid on cycle days 3-7! I have a big concern for twins is it a big chance for multiple's when using clomid? but I wont complain with whatever God Blesses me with! How many cycles of provera Have you all had to take? This is my first round of it! and do you all use ovulation test my dr said they might be wrong but I would rather use them then run to the office every 2 days!

• Morning everyone😊

mamaAsh, has af arrived today?

i have my 21 bloods tomorrow but as it's the weekend will actually be 22 days so fingers cross I ovulated will test next weekend if af doeant arrive 

• Good morning :)

Aubrey,

I think it does increase the multiple's when you have healthy ovaries to start with on Clomid. Now clomid with PCOS it works or it doesn't, all depends how your body reacts to it. Some women take clomid for a while with no succes and then swap for metformin combined with clomid or something else.

I guess it all works with what it is:) some stories I've read been like singleton first then clomid second and that time there were twins. Some have twins the first time.

Also taking folic acid regulary every day for at least 3 months before supposed to help somehow towards concieving and later on preventing birth defects, and some say take it first 12weeks, but it doesn't hurt to take all along as your body will need it all for that time.

As for ovulation, I think it's best to go to the office, Dr is right it won't work properly. Clomid was meant to boost your ovulation, so aparently you can have few egg release, and not necceserily at the same time. But who knows. That is why it's ideal to go to the office, so you can have a scan to check your ovaries. You should think more of the risk of  overstimulating the ovaries rather then multiples.

It's all happy stuff until you know your risks and warning signs. 

My Dr doesn't care about any of that, so currently looking for a new one:) 

And btw. I still did not get my AF so far.... 😒😒. I can wait :) 

And it is a bit funny, that you have to take Clomid cd3-cd7. I have to take it cd2-cd6 😕😮

• Hellooooo Uandi,

That is fantastic news!! I'll keep my fx for you and for Shasha 🙌💃

I thought you could take bloods in hospital's pathology on any day, no? If that works, then maybe the result would've been more accurate?

Did you go for a scans or OPK's ?

I would've not trust mine OPK's, tried it last year and basically it was showing double line everyday :/ for many many days. Also could not spot the right days and AF is so irregular at all times.

Do you have yours pretty much on time every month? If so, then that is great, cos you have kinda assurance ;)

• they said my ovaries are good im just not ovulating. I guess different Dr's have different regiments on the clomid lol? My biggest concerns is twins i'm a little overweight (recently changed to a gluten free and everything fresh from the farmers market diet and its working I've lost 10lbs in a month!!!!) And i've had type 1 Diabetes for 17 yrs now, so they said im healthy enough to carry twins and A1C is a 6.2, its just my personal concern but i am excited to start this adventure!! Im just ready to get the news your PG &  you've made it past 12 weeks and baby is healthy!!! My little girl was born at 38 wks. and she is healthy and had no complications what so ever (knock on wood)!!! Im a very optimistic person, But lately i feel like everyone of  my friends and family are coming out and saying they are expecting and i am so Happy for them but i would be a liar if i say my heart doesn't sink every time i get a big NEG but that's why im here so we can all support each other thru this adventure!  UandI my fingers are also crossed for you to!!  

• You are right Aubrey, 

And I think it's amazing that we can do it over internet.

Sorry to hear about your diabetes and glad that you can "easily" manage to live with it. The new diet sounds good, happy for you that it's working. Dr's said you are fine. It's natural for this or anything else to become your private concern. I'm sure if you stick to your diet then you will be feeling more happy with your results later on. Keep your positive thinking on. 

And about the jealousy, I can say that most of womens are happy for others to be expecting and jealous for them simply because it's what we all here COVET at the moment. 

Everything will come our way :) I'm also excited about it all and a bit scared of a miscarriage(and luckily it never happen to me so far).

Secretly I am hoping for twins to be frank. But not so greedy :) I'll be happy with whatever I get:) 

So don't worry be happy :) we have each other here :) 

• I was just thinking about Provera. And it says to take it for 5-10 day from CD16. I don't really get why some take one pill, others take two?? Also if Provera was meant to regulate the cycle, then takes regardles 5or 10days, wouldn't make AF to come on around CD28 not earlier? I've been trying to read up on it. So if women was takinf provera from day 16 for 10days she got her AF 2-3days later, others who took it for 5days got it about or just over a week later. Which all comes to around CD26-28. So I guess I am waiting and waiting and AF in theory would come in next week(25/03) :/ or could not come at all. Then I would be crashed cos would have to go to that DR again 😖😖 .

Aubrey, did you finished your Provera yet??

And you asked for how many cycles. So I personally took it once and I will not take it again. Cos if ttc, then I would have waste clomid if was to take provera in next cycle again. I have no idea why my dr gave me 15pills (?) Used 5 only. I can only assume, that it is for me, if I get my AF, take clomid, don't get pregnant and don't get another AF, that according to provera and clomid, should happen regardless of our previous cycles duration, so AF was supposed to come on day 28 if not concieved . So it's my guess to take provera again if not pregnant and no AF.   And then I guess it's visious cycle.

On my thinking: it looks like this. Take provera form cd16, wait for AF, take clomid. Get pregnant. Happy. OR ....,take clomid, don't get pregnant, test and scan, confirm no pregnancy, wait until next AF or the supposed CD16 of next cycle if missed AF the first time. Which doubles the time of waiting again and again. 

• Shasha,

How are you doing ? Fx :) 

• I'm on my third day of provera today only 2 more days! My dr only gave me 5 pill total but gave me 3 refills, he said I may not need it once I start taking clomid because Its supposed to start making me ovulate and then I should start getting my AF regular but if not then we will discuss it further, I start the clomid on day 3-7 once I get my AF everything is so different lol, I am also scarred of a miscarriage, I only made to 6 wks. with the two I miscarried, but I feel and pray the next time will be better! I love having this group, don't get me wrong I'm glad my husband is going thru this with me, but I some times feel like he doesn't understand completely where i'm coming from and bless his heart he tries to but, I know we are all in the same situation and its easier for us to understand the ups and downs of it all

• Hey Everyone! 

Everything went well on Saturday. I came home and slept as I felt somewhat soar. The procedure was quicker than my first  and I really did not fell anything and was very lucky that I did not have any cramping during the procedure. Now we play the waiting game ---- two week wait!!!!!

@Aubrey: Welcome to the group Aubrey! What's Provera? I did not use Provera, I used just Clomid and Ovidrel. 

@Awine: I was told by by Doctors that there is a risk of multiples with Clomid, but the risk is lower compared to other medicines. I totally know the feeling of "jealousy" when someone announces that they are expecting.... but try to look at it as an opporunity to get tons of hand-me-downs for your new baby to come! :-)

@ManaAsh: LOL! I Totally agree with this statement: Secretly I am hoping for twins to be frank. But not so greedy :) I'll be happy with whatever I get:)