Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Starting Clomid March2016 anyone else?

Replies

• Options

thanx mamaAsh i jst had a beautiful boy 6 months ago...n silly it may sound but m ttc again ....yup this soon..feel like m running out of time...

• Options

Hey Ladies:)

Shasha, did your AF turned up?  XOXO

And Vany, what is that anaca med?? Do you actually have infertility problems ?? Or this it just going back to normal cycle after birth? I get that you want another baby so soon, And I don't want to patronise you. Just remember it's not always a happy story if concieving that soon-for the Mother and the baby, not to mention the just born baby.

In my case we have also started at 6months after birth, but I knew I do not ovulate, hardly ever had AF as well... and it actually takes time to sign up to fertility clinic! My boy is 2y3m old and I am just on my First cycle of Clomid... what I mean, don't push yourself and the planned kid into any complications if you can actually wait a little bit longer. Don't take what I wrote too hard though. 

That is all :)

• Options

i'm just impatient...dont want 2 wait too long...

• Options

No AF! I'm going to take an over the pregnancy test later. But I'm leaving it in God's hand. I have faith that I will be Blesses with a child like Sarah (in the bible). :-)

• Options

Shasha, that sounds promising !! Like I said, it isn't over until it's over ;) 

• Options

Ladies :)

I hope that your weekend went well ?

I had strong lower abdomen pains, then headaches and lil temp. That stopped for a day. And today have splitting headaches, all day temp 37.2℃ - 37.1℃, my lower abdomen feels weird and had diarrhea once. Also nothing had changed in my diet, didn't eat anything bad so I don't get it at all. I made dinner, couldn't eat it, made salad-also couldn't eat it, got nauseus after few bites. Just hoping it's all for a good reason ;)

How are you guys

• Options

Hey all, mamash I have had a lot of nausea lately but my Dr said thats normal when your not used to all these hormones, kind of like being in your first trimester is how he put it, buy on a positive note we bough a one touch digital ovulation monitor when we first tried to conceive and it has never said I was ovulating until today so hopefully my meds are working!!!!!! Shasha lets hope your AF does not show and you get a positive!! Vany as long as you get the OK from your Dr then I guess it's all good!

• Options

Hi Aubrey,

Yeah it does feel like it.

And that is a very positive thing!! i hope for a best results for you !!! I also wanted to get one of those monitores, but even just strips were showing ovulation all the time, where I did not, so we decided not to get one in the end. I'm glad that it's working for you though! It must be a relief knowing that it's finally right ;) I am going for my past ovu blood test on Friday... so I guess I wll get mine on Monday.

• Options

Dr said I have 5 follicles but none are where they want them they are  @ 13 and they want them to be at a 24 so hopefully when I go back Friday they are bigger, kind of bummed now, the Dr said don't trust the monitor because it's not right so I'm gonna go home have a good cry and then pick myself back up and hopefully Friday will be better and if not then i guess we try again next month but with a higher dose of clomid

• Options

Woooow 5, So Why cry? I would cry if I had none... don't worry, the less stressed you are the better. And I am surprised, they want to wait until Friday to check it again... Just keep trying, cos you never know. And Dr said it himself, don't trust it thaaat much. Concentrate on this month first, I know, easier said then done, but that is the key. 

• Options

He made it sound like they won't get any bigger I'm not sure if I can get pregnant with them at a 13 he never said yes or no when I ask him that but we are not giving up I just had a down moment we can do this I'm okay now I just needed five mins to collect myself lol 

• Options

I don't know, maybe they are trained this way to not give away a lot of info or something. I never get much info either unless I am sat there and not leaving until they tell me.

As for "he made it sound like"... they are doctors and they do not know everything as they can't control it. He said what he saw that time. There are so many stories when woman was told she can't have children, and then she did against dr's prognosis. Our bodies are unpredictable. 

Glad to hear that all is okay, that you've picked yourself up already and going forward  :)

• Options

Lots of developments ladies. @Arwine:I support a good cry! And I hope by now you are feeling better and ready to face another day. I cried, insisted that I wanted a break, but instead of taking a break we are on our third round of Clomid. (Yes, AF came to visit on Friday.) So, I'm now on day 3 of Clomid. Follow up on Monday and possible IUI between Tuesday and Thursday. My eggs respond well to the Clomid.

I'm taking 100mg, what is the dose you are taking, maybe they have increase your dose so you can respond better? 

Ladies, we have to take control of our heathcare.... ASK QUESTIONS!!!! When you to the doctor its not a lecture, but a dialogue. :-). M<y end goal is to have a baby... so if you say X to be I wan to know pros and cons and where do we go from there.... therefore I can make informed decisions. 

• Options

Hello everyone :)

Shasha I am happy to hear you didn't give up! Good job:)

I was taking 50mg this cycle, as it was a first cycle on Clomid. Then, if I have to take it again, it will be 100mg. Aubrey is in her first too, so also 50mg.

You are right, we have to ask them all the  questions !! :) and when my Dr called this morning, to give my results from HSG (it's all absolutely fine he said) I have asked him mine :D

• Options

Btw. ;) I'm Jo and I'm 27 this year. And you Ladies? 

• Options

@ManaAsh: you go! I totally agree ask away till you are statisfied with the answers you are getting.

@Jo: Welcome! Tell us a little bit about yourself and what brings you to this awesome group of women Board!  

• Options

@Jo = @mamaAsh. My name is Jo :) ;P

And I did ask him, he wanted to know, when I'm going to take my blood test, I said on Friday. I asked how does it going to tell us that I have ovulated in 100%?? He said, it won't. I only will know it when I get pregnant or get AF spot on 4weeks since my last AF... now when I was in his office he told me to take this blood test at CD21, to chceck if ovulation had occured. Henc I ask him for scan to track my ovu, he said it won't happen on NHS.... I asked my Husband to call him to ask the same quesion a week ago, he still says not on NHS... why do I have to do it privately ?? Pretty pointles waiting then, seems we could've go privately all along and get better care :/

• Options

hey all, I'm Aubrey and I just turned 24 a couple months ago, Jo have you had any pain in your ovaries since staring the clomid? I've always had some pain when I ovulate, but man I feel like mine are going to explode an fall out sorry TMI lol but that could be a good sign! shasha in on 50mg but dr said if we don't see a change this Friday (tomorrow) that I will be put on 100mg but my dr said I am responding to the clomid so I may just need a higher dose!

• Options

Hi Aubrey :) so we are nearly same age, awesome :) yes, I did have ovary pain for the whole week I would say. The worst was on Wednesday, day2 out of 5, where the ovu was meant to happen. Then had little little pain and then it hit me hard when I wrote about diarrhea and pains, I think it was Saturday(??). And this week only have little sharp pains for a second or so. My lower abdomen (or round my uterus cos it's quite low and seems deep) feels tight for about 2-3 days now, my breasts went super sensitive(and usually I don't feel anything on my boobs:/ ...). So I was happy to see this changes. My temps still vary 37.1-37.4.

Hang on in there, it soon will be gone. It was like spot on pain, from that day 5 to day9, after the last Clomid pill. Then spontaneous and was hurting much less. Sooo, just be brave and maybe do a hot water bottle. Who knows, maybe tomorrow you will hear the best results !! ;) 

• Options

Morning , how is everyone . Sorry ive not been online for a while... 

sounds like you have all been busy , and some more ladies are sharing there stories which is great we can advise and support one another.

so I'm thinking I may be the oldest on here at 31. Ekkkk...

so far I'm cd18. Had an amazin Weekend away with the other half and we actually enjoyed ttc. We tried something new and that was pre seed and soft cups. Maybe tmi but I found I move around a lot at night and get out of bed 2-3 times in the night and his swimmers would come straight out so I researched and found a lot of ladies usedsoft cups when ttc. I got on ok with them, a lititle tricky to remove , panic on th 1st try but I could sleep with one in all night. 

how are you All getting on, anyone got there BFP?? X