Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Hope Hope Hope!Starting Clomid! diagnosed with POCS

hello ladies,

i'm ttc and i wish to share my story with you!! :)

i have been ttc for 6 months with opk tests every month etc and i had never made it...

i was so scary because when i was younger i had an ultrasound because i was having an ovary infection but it was ok with that..but the only think that i started to worry nowadays was because i rembered that when years ago i'v made that ultrasound they had told me that i have pocs and when i asked them they had told me that it's nothing to worry about!!but now years later when i started ttc and nothing was happening i was worrying that it has something to do with pocs!i never tought that it can cause an infertility so after the 6th month of ttc i went straight away to a gynae and i told her the story and she made me an appointment for a scan so she can see if the pocs are still there and if i have another fertility problem and when i went for that appointment she told me that the pocs are still there and the probility that i was not getting pregnant was because i'm not having an ovulation so she prescribed me 100mg of clomid straight away taking them from cycle day 1 till cycle day 5 (5 days).Now Today i had started for the first time clomid and i'm hoping that it will work for me too..i have another apointment to the gynae at cd13 to tell me if there is an update and how things are going with the clomid.i don't have an other fertility problems so my chances are good ..i'm hoping for a tiny miracle baby as i wanted a baby so bad!i will update you to tell you weather the clomid had worked for me or not or if i'm pregnant!I REALLY WISH TO HEAR YOUR STORIES ABOUT CLOMID AND HOW IT WORKED FOR YOU!!

Replies

• I would like to hear about this too, I have pcos luckily no cysts just the syndrome.  Me and my Husband have been trying for about 8 months so far and I have my first Gynecologist appointment in May

• hey meme210,

i'm glad to hear from you :) stay positive and don't give up i know how you feel when you keep on struggling..at least pocs is something that can be treated very fast and with ease and with low cost!

it's a good thing that you decided to go to a gynae..it will help you lots!!probably they will prescribe you clomid too as it is the most effective treatment for us with pocs!!hope for some luck with both of us :) keep me updated!!!

• thank you 

in the uk we have to be refered to a gynecologist from the Doctor - Doctor doesn't like to do anything for pcos unless you are trying to conceive.  Then they had trouble referring me because the Gynecology team don't like taking you unless you have been trying to conceive for over 12 months.  Not sure if it's different if there are cysts involved.  

• mmm..that's a little frustrating but at least now it's time to go to the gynae soon! :) i'm from malta and here is so easy to go and see a gynae..you can go anytime even before ttc to check if everything is ok.keep me updated when you visit the gynae! :)

• Thank you I will.  Good luck to you 

• thanks dear ;)