Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First appointment with NHS fertility clinic

Hello. Thanks in advance to anyone who can share some experiences with me. Been trying for a baby for 3 years and my partner and i feel so alone in this rollercoaster.

After waiting two years we have finalky heard from the NHS consultant and ttc. As we were waiting so long we paid private for the egg check, sperm count and tube check. All came back normal.

I have polycystic ovaries that only worked when i did clomid. We caught on month two and i lost it 6 weeks later. The next two rounds didnt work.Β 

As we have already done some of the tests, i am hoping they wont make me redo them again before giving me treatment. Has anyone else ever done this please? It seems like a waste of time to be waiting around to do tests that have already been done very recently. I am 29 by the way and want to get on with treatment as soon as possible.Β 

Thank you to anyone who can help.x

Replies

• Hello I recently had my first app at an NHS fertility clinic, we have also been trying for 3 yrs with 3 early miscarriages, I also have slight PCO on one ovary.... the first app was with a nurse last week who sat down and went through our whole history wh took a half hour, She then measured my height and weight and I had a transvaginal scan (so used to them at this stage it doesn't bother me πŸ˜‚). I then had two blood tests, one for chlamydia and one for rubella, they will only do the tests that they haven't access to results for already.... I have to also go to my doctor next week for a day 3 blood tests, my husband has a sperm test next week... Our 2nd app is exactly 6 weeks after the first, where we will meet with a doctor who will give us a plan of what we will do. the nurse says they usually give fertility drugs a try before they move into ivf.... My second app is n 5 weeks so I'll let you know what happens...

it sounds like u won't have to have many tests done as you've had a lot done already but they will still do the transvaginal scan as they like their own one. Hope this helps and is not too confusing... if u need any more info let me kno... 😁