Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Strange period - very confused! Apologies in advance...TMI!

Hi everyone!
I'm having a tough time at the moment and I'm hoping someone may have some words of encouragement! My DH and I have been ttc for just over 2 years. We've both been tested and everything's fine so it's been put down to unexplained infertility - we're also booked in for our first IVF attempt in March. Once we'd been booked in, I started to relax a little more. Stopped using opks, tempting, charting etc and just enjoyed BDing with my husband. I also have regular 28 day cycles, give or take a day. 

This cycle, I got loads of ewcm around cd9 so we BD'd pretty much every other day until cd22 when it stopped. Next day, cd23, there's a small amount of brown discharge (sorry tmi) and cramping so I assumed AF was 4 days early which is totally out of the ordinary for me. Yesterday (cd24) it was the same but the cramping was worse, really felt like AF was coming but there was barely anything there when I wiped. Today, I was cramping so bad in the morning that it started to make me feel sick. I went to the bathroom and a huge clot that was brown (no red in there at all) fell in to the loo (tmi, sorry!!!) and when I wiped there was loads of brown discharge and a little bright red blood. I put a tampon in straight after as I was sure AF was here early.  This is SO out of the ordinary for me. I always come on with bright red blood, no brown or pink discharge. I NEVER spot and my periods tend to be very heavy. 
I took my tampon out about an hour ago and it was completely clean. What do you ladies think this might be? I'm now cd25 and I have had two BFN's...one an internet cheapie and the other was a clearblue digi.

I have no other pregnancy symptoms so I'm sure this is a strange period but has anyone else ever experienced this? If so, did you get a BFP or did AF come on your due date? I'm so confused, it's making me go crazy!! I'm worried that if I'm not pregnant, there might be something really wrong. 

Thanks in advance xxx