Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC for over a year and 1 ectopic pregnancy!

Hi, 

I'm completely new to this forum, and I just wanted to share my story... 

Me and my partner have been together for 7 years. We've never been that careful with protection, and been TTC for over a year! Earlier in March this year we found out we were pregnant, which we were really excited about! However, just a week later, found out it was an ectopic pregnancy, which resulted in my left fallopian tube being removed. 

Since then, we've been trying really hard for a baby with no luck... After my op, the consultant told me that my left tube was in a bit of a mess and was stuck to my pelvic wall. My ovary was also stuck, and some adhesions were also seen and released during the procedure. This indicates I had an infection. I've had a full STI screening which came back negative, so guessing this was an old infection from years ago. The consultant said he checked my right tube and all the right side of my pelvic anatomy looked completely normal (thank god). 

But now, it just feels like it will never happen for us! What would be the next step now if I cant get pregnant? Has anyone been in this situation (one tube down) and can't get pregnant?

What kind of treatment is there? Clomid etc?

I'm so gutted we can't get pregnant, it's really getting me down and depressed. So frustrating when everyone around me seems to get pregnant so quickly! We are also at that age, where it's announced all the time on Facebook!