Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Infertility is tough

Hi! I thought I'd suit to these threads as well. I'm 38 yo, a ripe age woman struggling for her only kid. My dh is 39 yo, we both have never had babies from previous relations and we want ours so desparately! Our TTC period started in 2010 and after 2.3 years of trying we applied for help at the fertility clinic. Seems they studied our case thoroughly and made us sure we'd better try natural cycle with clomid. Actually those rounds became endless when finally they told us to move onto IUI shots. Again we trusted them so decided to do as advised. One cancelled shot, another one Sep 2014 - BFN. The next step they offered to us was ivf still with own egg. ER - 4 follies, 1 egg!! ET - 1 blast only, which never made home. I thought it was a nightmare. They made us so many times confident of coming success and then chain of failures - we couldn't stand it any more and decided to switch the clinics. Soon we found the one which corresponds our needs overseas. We were clealy told that ivf with oe is not going to work. And our best option is egg donation now. Our 1st app is going to be held in April. This procedure is completely new to us. Dh tries to support me any other minute, but, honestly, I still haven't got used we need a woman's eggs for ivf and not mine. This is the question of genetic relation and sometimes I feel really low about this. But, on the other hand, I've read so many times ladies 'forget' about having used donor egg when they hold their long awaited babies in their arms. I think I just need more time to make my mind and find the benefits of the situation. Currently looking forward 1st app, new fertility journey, putting all my hopes into the process.. Would love to chat with ladies with similar problems and get more insight of experienced journeys. Thanks in advance xx image

Replies

• Good luck. It’s a long journey for you but you will love your baby like no other. Try and think positively even though I know how hard it is. There are other options if this doesn’t work. There are so many children waiting to be adopted into their new homes. I know you want to carry your own, but this is an option if all else fails. Sending lots of baby dust your way. Keep us posted xx