Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

TTC with PCOS please help

I had gotten the Nexplanon removed back in August 2016, but never started my period. So of course my boyfriend and I had went to a women's clinic in July 2017 and I had been diagnosed with PCOS(Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). So I was told that losing weight would help, along with a healthy diet, Metformin and a BCP to start my periods. Well after about 4 months I had lost 10-12 lbs and have been getting my periods monthly, so we started trying in December. Month after month nothing happened and at this point I am so frustrated and don't know what to do.image Also I do know I am taking a BCP which could be the reason why but I am very forgetful of taking it everyday so I was told as long as I take it when I can and it starts my periods then it should be fine.image

-lost weight

-period is somewhat regular 

-eating healthy 

-trying every other day

-used preseed

This is all I can think of and I can't use OPK(Ovulation Prediction Kits) they always just come out negative I also can't use any pregnancy tests because they will always come out negative as well.image

Please someone help meimage

Replies

• Hi, I know your frustration. image I have been TTC while dealing with PCOS for almost four years now. I have tried every 'natural' remedy like losing weight, eating the right foods, excercising... and I would still get negative ovulation test and one after another negative pregnancy tests. It will be a frustrating ride, but just try to stay positive. I know I would hate when people would say that to me, because it can be a very difficult time. But about six months ago, I finally said 'okay, when it happens, it happens' and I kind of put it in the back of my mind and tried to become positive again about it. And I ovulated this month!!!! It was such an emotional moment with my husband and I when I FINALLY say a positive peak ovualtion test. Every month I would stress, and stress and that has such a negative affect on the body. But I know exact what your going through.

Just try to stay positive, I know its hard sometimes but take it from someone who has been dealing with this for almost four years... a positive mind is a strong thing to have. the past six months have been great, and seeing a positive ovualtion really made me realize.

I hope this helps you, and best of luck TTC!!!!