Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Positive blood test but negative hpt and PCOS

Hi ladies,

Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced n anything similar to what happened to me two years ago now.

We’d been trying for 3 years at that point, af was late so naturally I did a hpt pretty much every morning for about 2 weeks and was bfn every time. All different brands, some cheapys some digital etc. Always the same 

Replies

• Options

Sorry that cut off and posted before I could finish! 

Always the same result, bfn. So I went to the docs thinking I was starting menopause extremely early as I was around 3 weeks late at this point and the nurse wanted to send me for a HCG blood test just to be sure. 

I 100% did not expect a happy phone call saying it was positive, but I got one! 

She said the HCG was at 45 so she wanted me to go in again in a few days to check it was rising etc and it rose to 150! I was so happy!

but still, the HPTs were negative!

I sadly MC 2 weeks later, I went to A&E and they needed me to pos to confirm the pregnancy which came back negative yet when they tested my blood the HCG had dropped to 60. Which of course confirmed MC but surely 60 hcg would still show up on a test?

I’m worried there’s something wrong with me causing this. Since then I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS, I had a HSG which showed one of my tubes is blocked and they found what at think are 2 fibroids on my uterus. I’m currently on the waiting list for a laparoscopy to clear my tube and remove the fibroids but I’m currently experiencing the same symptoms as last time.

Late period (they’re always slightly irregular but I’m currently on day 45 and I never usually go above 36 max) and still BFN.

I’m so scared at I might MC again but I can’t find anything like this on google.

• Options

Your circumstances are a lot like mine. I had a blocked tube removed last July as well as having PCOS. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a long time. One thing my RE told me was that a blocked tube can leak fluid into your uterus and make it hard for an embryo to implant. Just hold faith, after you have your laparoscopy I bet things get better 😉😉