Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello

Hello lovely ladies

Not sure if anybody remembers me as was on here a while ago but had to take a break from it all as it got to much. Had some important exams in June and so had to focus on them and put things on hold for a few months. But now I'm back with a vengance and full of PMT.

It's good to see so many people have moved on and for those who are new, I was diagnosed with PCOS last year. No problem with H2B. Had all the tests and everything else is fine. My friend had a baby last week following her 4th IVF treatment - so full of PMT and belief that anything is posible.

Strangely having taken a break from it all, my periods have come back! - I'm booking myself in for acupunture and focused on getting that BFP.

I'd love to have a trying for BFP buddy if anyone would like to join me!

Replies

• Options
    Welcome back hun.... I was away for a while there too with seriously crash in PMA!!

But im back now and feeling more hopeful.... image XX
  • Options
    Welcome back hun.... I was away for a while there too with seriously crash in PMA!!

But im back now and feeling more hopeful.... image XX
  • Options
    Hi Suzannah, welcome back! We're at the beginning of investigations for fertility, no results yet, although the fertility nurse said I probably have PCOS. I don't agree, but she says if you're overweight and have irregular periods, they assume you have! I have my U/S next week, though, so should sort out!

I've written a little blurb on my profile if you want to know about us. I'd like a trying for a BFP buddy too, although I have times where I have to take a break, or I become a little obsessed!
  • Options
    Hi ladies

Cupcake - glad your back to keep me companyimage Are you still on Clomid?

I've had three cycles and have had 6 months off trying to lose weight before taking the final 3 months to give myself a better chance!

Hi Tracey - welcome onboard the baby express!
    Sorry to hear about the MC.
    I hate it that people automatically make assumptions like that - with me, I went to the doctors saying I think I have PCOS as have all the typical symptoms and was diagnosed from there. Ironically we weren't event trying as such at the time but i got fast tracked through the test because I had PCOS.

Have they recommended a blood test between day 3 - 5 of your cylce? My understanding is that they normally carry out a U/S and blood test together to get a better understanding of whether you have PCOS. Be prepared - they may do a vaginal ultra sound if they can't get a good view of the ovaries - I wasn't prepared and wish i'd have know as I would have 'tidied' down there sorry TMI lol.

I know what you mean about needed to step back from time to time - I'm getting married in April so can bore you all with wedding plans if that helps lol!
  • Options
    Hi!
    I've had the bloods done already, on day8. I was a bit confused, as so many people were saying they had day 3, and day 21 bloods, but I've only got day 8, then day 3 next cycle (My 1st appt was on day 6, so just missed it! That makes more sense now.

I had an U/S following M/C, to check everything had been expelled, so I'm prepared for that. I'm a vet nurse, so I've played around with the U/S on myself before! I couldn't see anything but my bladder through the "padding", so I thought an internal would be necessary!

I've heard a lot of people mentioning Clomid, is that treatment for PCOS to help you ovulate?
    Hows the weight loss going? I'm finding it hard to get exercising, although I've cut don my calorie intake substantially, no weight loss, so I'm thinking exercise might be required now. Grrr!

We got married in March, it was a lovely time of year to do it, best of luck and tell me all about it, I love weddings now!