Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

EGG Transfer

Had the call at 9.30 out of the 15 eggs 10 fertilised and 9 have gone to potential blastocsyt stage so now we have the big decision do we wait untill tuesday and just have 1 transferred if they make it to that day or do we have 2 in tomorrow and have a high risk on twins. After speaking to hubby with the amount of bad luck we have had recently we have decided we can't risk the fact that come tuesday we may have nothing to transfer as it is not guareented so we are having 2 in tomorrow afternnoon as this is the only thing we can control and we need to try i'm so excited don't no whether to cry or what!

Replies

• Wow! Mrssmith, that's fantastic news. Really wishing you the very best of luck for tomorrow and some good news in the next couple of weeks. Twins would be fab too, well i'd be pleased if it were me image lots of love, bluebird xxxx
  • OMG thats so exciting, i'm so pleased for you, i've got everything crossed. Good luck for tomorrow xxxx
  • woo hoo how fab I would go with the same decision good for you and all the best xxx
  • Great news honey! I would say go for the twins! Sure its a shock at 1st but its a double blessing and after all you've been through i'm sure ur luck is changing!!!

Good luck honey!!

Lilac* 13w twin beans
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • AW that is brilliant news, iv got everything crossed for you and hope it all goes well tomorrow. How exciting xx
  • Yay honey that's brilliant. Good Luck x
  • Oh Mrs Smith that all sounds wonderful, you've done so well and what a lovely number of embies! We've just been for our IVF appointment today, so I know how much could have gone wrong up to this point, so the fact that you're having the embryos transfered tomorrow is just brilliant! Great to be able to transfer 2 too, we'll only be allowed one, if we get that far, which I'm a bit sad about.

So much luck and babdy dust for tomorrow and make sure you put your feet up for the next couple of weeks.

xxx
  • Mrs Smith that is amazing news! I would have opted forthe same decision too....wishing you lots of luck and love for tomorrow image
    Make sure you rest as much as possible and enjoy hubbie running round and spoiling you....
    Thinking of you x
  • Hi Mrs Smith

Just wondering how everything went with your embryo transfer? Hope it all went really well and you're now lying somewhere, with your feet up, a cool drink, chilling out!

We're hoping to start our first IVF cycle in the next couple of weeks so following your story with interest and everything crossed for you. Are you taking this next couple of weeks off? Our clinic said I'd get a sick note and I could decide so I think I will, though may make me even more nuts just sitting and waiting!

• All went good with transfer on sat and have been chilling out since and have this week off work aswell so watching lots of dvds not sure what i'm ment to be feeling so just trying not to sympton spot even thou is very hard but we have named the eggs bill and ben and we are talking to them and begging them to stay where they are so just hope they are listening sounds really daft i knwo but will try anything to get a positive xx
  • Hang on in there Bill and Ben!!!

Glad to see you are taking it easy. Hope the next few days doesn't drag for you too much. Really pray this is it for you and OH XX
  • Hello Mrs Smith, I have been thinking of you too wondering how sat went and I am so glad it all was ok image
    I agree with smiley chops....hang on in there Bill and Ben!!!
    Really pleased you are relaxing at home and watching loads of dvd's....I am too, had a lap&dye on the 18th so taking advantage of being able to catch up with my Desperate Housewives DVD image)
    I am hoping and praying for you and Mr Smith and Bill&Ben....take care, thinking of you xxxx

PS. Also good luck to Daisy Girl too with your up and coming IVF....with love xxx
  • hi Mrs Smith
    Hooray for Bill and Ben! Thinking of you and praying and sending sticky, healthy vibes to your little beans! xx
  • Go Go bill and ben stick in there and give that deserving mum and dad of yours years of fun!!!

Have everything crossed for you ooohh so excited, come on babies hang in there mwah mwah
  • So glad it all went well on Saturday and how difficult to relax and switch off! DVDs sound like a great idea and of course there's Andy Murray this afternoon if you're into the tennis. Lots and lots of luck to you both and to Bill and Ben.

Thank you MaryMac - still can't quite believe we're nearly there - trying not to get hopes too high!

• Go Bill and Ben! xxxx