Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

FAO LEIGH1979

Hello leigh, just wanted to send a message to ask how your hsg scan went? was it as bad as I'm expecting it to be? hope your well xxx image

Replies

• Hi Clare

Please don't worry. It did hurt but really not that much and was over so quickly. The nurses were lovely and talked me through it all. The start of it is just like a normal smear test. There isn't really any pain when they insert the catheter either. Then they pull the x-ray machine over you and warn you they will start the dye injection. This is the part they say might hurt and the doctor did even say it was ok to scream if it did! (Which worried me!) She asked me to talk her through what I was feeling and at one point she told me just to concentrate on deep breathing when it was a bit painful. At then it was over!

She talked me through my scan straight away and everything was fine. And no pain since!

So much as it isn't something as I would wish for every day - I really wouldn't worry if I ever needed it doing again. Hope that puts your mind at rest a bit.

• Hi Leigh, I'm glad your scan went well.
    So do they give you the results straight away?
    Your message has really put my mind at ease,thank you ever so much,i hope things are going well for you xx
  • Hello Leigh me again i was just wondering when you has your hsg were you allowed to take somebody with you? I would really like my oh to go with me to settle my nerves a bit so wondered if you took somebody with you xx