Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HSG - questions...

Hello ladies! Not sure if anyone remembers me as it's been a while... I took some time off BE after having an early MC in January. We're now on month 11 of TTC, and due to my age (staring down the barrel of my 35th birthday) my DH and I started fertility tests before Christmas. I have been diagnosed with suspected polycystic ovaries (although not PCOS).

On Wednesday morning I had an HSG. Not much fun, although it was ok. I bled a bit that day, as expected, then nothing. The bleeding has now started again - not heavy, but with lots of other CM type clear fluid, which I assume is the dye? Is it normal for it still to be coming out after 48 hours? I'm also cramping a bit, but I'm not sure if that's down to the HSG or (tmi - apologies) wind!!!!

Any thoughts?

(The good news was that the outcome of the HSG was good - both tubes are clear - although when I looked at the screen it was a shock to see how long and skinny they are - they're like threads. No wonder the egg has a struggle to get through each month!)

Replies

• Options
    Thanks Claire- ski

Sounds like the timing thing has been much the same for us both - nothing for 48 hours then gravity takes effect!

Thank you.