Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Hello.. advice needed please!!

Hi girls, have been reading lots of posts for over a year on the TTC forum ( but only "joined" today!!), like most of you I am very grateful for this longer term TTC forum!!! Hubby and I have been TTC for 14 months, my cycles have been all over the shop since coming off the pill (70, 49, 62, 35, 65, 53). Went to dr's in jan and GP wanted to do blood tests over 3 cycles to determine if i am ovulating, ... this has taken about 7 months and lots and lots of blood tests!! As expected my prostegen levels were very low which I anticipated as they kept on testing on day 21!!??? Eventually got referred to the hospital and had our 1st appopintment a few wks ago, was really difficult and was told to get my BMI down & given a further appt for Jan!!, since then I have been trying to keep positive and lose some weight!!
Following this I went to see an oesteopath as had bad back, she told me that my pelvis was out of alignment and said that this could cause irregular cycles, she has since realigned my pelvis (eeekk!!), in addition to this I started taking Agnus Castus and...... I got my period today..... on Day 28!!!!!!:lol:
Seems wierd to be so happy to get a period but I am!!! Now I have finished waffling on my questions are - is my body finally working??? Does this mean I may be ovulating?? I am going to start the Agnus Castus again tonight and take for 14 days like I did last month, please let me know what u think, would really appreciate some feedback and advice, thanks girls!!!! xx

Replies

• Hi there - your body could well be working now hun!

Think agnus castus may help!

If your having a 28 day cycle you should ov around about day 14 - so make sure you're bding around about that day.

Maybe see if you can have your bloods done again for a couple of months and see if they've changed!

XXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Thanks!! Will continue with the agnus castus.... how long should i perservere with it for? Has anyone else on here been taking it?? Took for the 1st time last cycle and felt really rough but not been able to find any info on side effects?? Good idea about th bllod tests, will ask my GP. Really appreciate the feedback, I will try and keep positive that my body is starting to work but don;t want to get too exited incase I have another 70 day cycle!!
  • Agnus Castus seemed to have had the right effect with me, hopefully it's helped with you too. What a relief though knowing that things are getting back to normal!
    Good Luck and PMA to you