Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Crying!

Hi ladies,

Is it just me or you any of you keep bursting into tears a lot?!

I would never consider myself to be a "crier" other than deaths, very sad situations etc but recently I find that anything can set me off and I have no control over it. I burst into tears when the dr couldn't answer my questons at the hospital, I burst into tears when my old boss set me an e-mail telling me all of the problems she had ttc and how she got her lovely twins and the list goes on!

I don't know why i've turned into such a crier, is anyone else having this?! x

Replies

• hii

Me too!! I am very stressed. I keep getting mad at DH and whenever that happens I keep thinking of TTC and start crying. Its like my world is all about TTC now.

I am sorry that we have to go through this image

Hopefully, our next tears will be of joy and a BFP image
  • Hi RiRi, I really hope so! Happy things set me off too. Found out a girl I went to school with had a baby after losing 2 babies at 20 weeks. Cried for about 15 minutes!

I think I feel so much more empathy for others having had a rough time now x
  • I think we all womans are like this i see myself crieng alot in any movie i or soaps its dad lol i dont know we r strange i think about having a baby we must be positive will happen to all
  • Haha, I am flippin' terrible, but definitely worse in recent months! I cry at EVERYTHING, happy sad or indifferent!!! I blame the PCOS hormones!!
  • Hi Hon,

Thought id come and find you after you commented on my other thread in PAI...

Two things, I am a massive cryer too, and worse since TTC and infertility and now through pregnancy. Infact a day before I did my HPT I sat and watched sad infertility music/ videos on you tube, and just blubbed away for hours! (Hubby was seriously worried about my mental state!, but sometimes a good ole cry is what you need!) and like you the idea of anybody falling after trying for a long time just gets me everytime, i could cry just thinking about it, and it brings back so many emotions.

On to my other reason for writing, yep i have also suffered ectopic and infertility.. Basic this is what happened: I knew i had PCOS but never worried too much about it, anyway i fell first month of actual trying and couldnt believe my luck, that baby was ectopic and it devestated me, and i cant say that i will ever fully get over the expereince, but i did come to terms with what happened, anyway, after ectopic, lapercospy and methotreaxate, i waited the recommended 3 months, and realised that my periods hadnt returned :\( (Thinking about, i reckon i fell first time becuase of only just comming off the pill and my progestrone levels hadnt dropped yet!) anyway i finally got GP to take me seriously after approx 5 months of no periods, and some blood tests i was refferred to fertility clinic to start the frustrating rounds of tests, SA( which we found out we had dual infertility and hubbys SA was boarderline too!), HyCosy, and waiting and waiting and waiting! Finally consultant agreed to give me clomid intially for 3 months, it worked in that i ovualted but still no BFP. I begged for another 3 months and kept trying, but i have to say this was the worst time of my life and i felt like i was dying inside. I tried to put a brave face on it, but secretly at home, i was a wreck, crying most days, charting, and counting calender dates, ov dates, etc etc. I was starting to think it was never going to happen and my consult was starting to agree, on my 6 and last month of clomid he agreed to refer me for IVF.

At this point i had resigned myself to having to go through tx. Im some ways it was a relief, i was looking forward to having 6 months or so wth no 'trying' our marriage was suffering and i was a wreck esp on the clomid. Anyway, as always when my AF was due i trundled off to bathroom at stoopid o clock to POAS (still couldnt help myself!) and watched the faintest of lines appear, so faint, hubby couldnt see it!) due to my POAS addiction i knew the difference so i couldnt stop smiling, all the way to the shop for 6 more tests!

Anyway, here I am at 32 weeks and everyday I am so grateful and amazed to be here. My pregancy has not been plain sailing, ive now had 10 scans and lots of bleeds, but i have finally started to beleive i will be a mummy. last night I re - read my infertility diarys from 2008, and 2009, and I could have cried again at what I was going through, and I totally appreciate others have it worse, and i wish I could make it better for everybody, unless you have been through infertility nobody could ever understand how it feels.

I wish you all the luck in the world, if you have any questions at all ask away..

Sending you big hugs

Gem x
  • Oh Gem I'm crying reading that! Everything you said is exactly how I am feeling. I am normally quite good at being in touch with my feelings but it's when other people who have got through it put it down it writing that I think "that is exactly how I feel, that is exactly why I feel so sad" Thank you so much for sharing your experience, you have no idea how much this has helped me.

I don't think that unless you have been through this hell you can fully empathise with how awful it is.

I started a diary ttc and I was so naive, I stopped writng it after the ectopic as I thought it would end up being war and peace! But I think I might just start up again as I want my baby (PMA!) to eventually know how wanted they were and what we had to do to get them.

Again I am so grateful to you for sharing and I am so happy that you are going to be meeting your beautiful baby in 8 weeks. I will be looking out for your BA and no doubt will be blubbing for a good half an hour reading it!

x x x