Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Two and a half years, 2 IUI's, 2 IVFs and....

we got our BFP this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought I was going to be able to type that and I still can't quite believe t's happening, but we've finally done it!!!!!

Tested this morning (official test date) and DH and I just held each other in the bathroom for the three minutes not looking at it. Counted to three, turned around together and were both just stunned at the lovely, second pink line. Did two more tests. including a CBD I've ben saving and that came up Pregnant 1-2 the best words I've ever seen!!!

Been walking around in a daze ever since. DH and are both off today, which is great. Just, honestly can't believe it. I know there's a long way to go and I'm already nervous about the next few weeks and months, but I just can't believe we've taken such a huge step fowards!!

Although I've not been on here quite so much lately I have to thank you wonderful LTTTC girls (and you lovely PG graduates) for all of the love and support over the months / years, I genuinely wouldn't still be sane without you.

Daisy

xxx

Replies

• AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell!!!!!!!!!

COngratulations chick ur going to be a mummy!!!!
    Maybe even a twin mummy!!!!

SO immensley chuffed for u and DH!!

All the very best and enjoy the next 9 months!!

Lilac* 32+4 twin bump
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Oh Daisy Girl!!!!! I am so, so, so, so happy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! What fantastic news. YAY!!!!

I love a LTTTC graduation, and I confess I have tears in my eyes for you.

Brilliants, brilliant news. Well done you, and have a wonderful 9 months. Keep popping back to keep us updated.

MrsD
    xxx
  • FANTASTIC,FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Im so happy for you, have been thinking of you this morning, enjoy this you deserve it, WOOHOOO!!!!!!!

xxx

• WHOOP WHOOP!!!

Absolutely AMAZING news!!! I went all tingling when I read your news... I am so so chuffed for you! Many Many Many congratulations hun. Absolutely fantastic news... wishing you a very healthy and happy 9 months... image

xxx
  • Huge congratulations hun!!!! xxx
  • What wonderful news Daisy Girl-you really deserve this. I'm so pleased for you both.

We're thinking of having another go in March-anything you did differently the 2nd time?

In the meantime, we're picking up our new puppy this wk-can't wait!!!

So so happy to hear your lovely news xxx
  • Awwww woooo hooooo DG

Thats abs fantastic news... as soon as i soon BFP a massive smile spread across my face.... OH asking what im looking at!!

REally happy for u and OH... Hope u have a Happy and Healthy 9 months and this may be the start of some more BFPs in LTTTC!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OMG! DaisyGirl that is wonderful news! youve made me cry!
    Oh hun you deserve this sooooo much after all youve been through.
    Sending you sticky babydust by the bucketload,in fact you need a crane to bring it in!
    A VERY VERY H & H 9 months!
    Oh im just sooo happy for you, sorry for the mad ramble! lol
    Take care & MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS again to you & oh.
    WELL DONE! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • YABBY DABBY DOO!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant news DG - I had a good feeling for you this morning. Oh gosh, you must be on cloud nine hun!! So very, very pleased for you and your OH. Sending you lots of love and sticky babydust. Now relax, take care and don't stress. Let us know how you get on at your first scan!! So chuffed...................xxxxxx
  • YAY!! CONGRATULATIONS! What wonderful, wonderful news after all that you've gone through!!

I'm so pleased for you, I really am and wish you all the very best for your pregnancy and thereafter.

Lots of Love~OP xx
  • Oh wow! This is such wonderful news, congratulations, I am so, so pleased for you!

I wish you the happiest 9 months x
  • that has made my day Daisy Girl... and it will be worth every second of heartache you have been through to get here.

SO VERY MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH with a ton of very sticky baby dust for the next few months.

MrsJ
    35+2
    xxxx
  • Daisy Girl congratulations, looks like you will be joining me in Due in July 2010.

What is your EDD chick.

All the best for a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Sarah
    xx
  • wow what fab news you've cheered me up no end! what absolutely amazing and deserved news! tonnes of congratulations and luck for the next 9 months. such a shame you can't have a drink to celebrate eh! x
  • OMG thats absolutely bl00dy brilliant!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    H.xxx
  • WOW - SOOOOOOOOO pleased for you I remember you from way back when you were in ttc - this is FABULOUS NEWS - You must be over the moon and gobsmacked at the same time!!!! image
  • Thank you so much you lovely ladies. It's all still sinking in and we really can't believe it. Can't believe how long this next 8 months will be considering how long the last 8 hours have taken to pass!! So nervous because it's so early, but we're just hoping and praying that we have a sticky bean (or two) and they have settled in for the next 36 weeks!!

lilac* - my lovely LTTTC friend! Twins - now that would be fantastic! Have been reading back and my goodness you've been through it - so, so glad everything is settled and you're well into your lovely twin pregnancy now.

Gosh, so many of you are such familiar names, we've all been going through this for so long and I hope so hard you lovely ladies are lucky soon too. Just shows it can happen, even if it takes a little longer than for others. If today is anything to go by too, it's all so worth it.

*luckystar* - quite a lot different this cycle and no idea what / whether any of it had an impact on the result but here goes...new clinic(s) were just fantastic. We had all of our scans / bloods at a local satelitte clinic, all evening appts, so really stressfree and wonderful nurse and consultant too. Main clinic were just fantastic - both EC and ET were brilliant and everyone gave us so much time and made us feel as if they couldn't do enough for us. ET was incredibly smooth and relaxed too. I spent the 4 days after ET doing absolutely nothing. On the sofa, just munching lots of food! Had wonderful accupunture throughout (1 session while DR, 2 while stimming, 1 session two hours after ET and one around implantation time). Second week of 2ww we went way to London and kept ourselves really busy and positive. Walked far too much and really did buzz about for 3 days but made the 2ww loads less stressful and pass more quickly. Have been really positive throughout and have let myself believe it's worked too. Another main difference is my new clinic has had me taking a baby asprin per day and I've been on steroids throughout in case of immue issues. Whatever it was that worked we're over the moon!! So much luck with your next cycle and so ask if there's anything else I can tell you.

Thank you again so much girls - for all of the support and for the sticky baby dust. Have everything crossed for the next 8 months. Already have first scan booked for a week on Mon, so that's the next big hurdle for us.

xxx
  • Oooooh and Mrs Ward - yes I think I might be over with you in due in July soon!! Daren't pop my head round the door quite yet, but can't wait to see you in there! So pleased for you after all you've been through.

Wow!!! So surreal just typing that and it really being about me!!

xxx
  • Congratulations hun.

Wishing you all the best!!!!!

Nadine ;\)
  • WOW OMG daisy that is the most amazing news iv heard in a while. You must be on cloud 9 right now.
    Everything crossed that your bean/beans are sticky and you start getting morning sickness very soo (hehehe, this is a good sign all is well so my consultant told me).
    Its so heartwarming to see another fellow long termer moving on XXXXXX