Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi all.

It's my first time posting in here but I figured it was about time as we are now on our 16th cycle of TTC!

In the past three months I have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid (which I am now on thyroxine for)

And more recently PCOS (which I am now on Metformin for)

I'm just wondering if any of your girls have PCOS and tried metformin or if any of you know of someone who has, just wondering how it worked for them?

Also I am going to be on metformin for 4 months then on september the 1st hopefully starting on Clomid.

All replies welcome.

Hope you all had a nice sunny bank holiday weekend.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh grrrr....BE just ate my reply. Sorry to say I can't help much re the PCOS but I'm sure lots of these other ladies can. Welcome to this lovely forum and I hope, in the nicest possible way, that your stay here is a short one.

• Options
    Hi Mallowmoosh. I can't help re the PCOS thing either but wanted to say 'hi' and 'welcome'.

xx
  • Options
    Hi MM, I have PCOS but not had metformin so cant really help.
    Im just awiating AF so I can start clomid.

Good Luck x
  • Options
    hello mrs just wanted to welcom to lttc realy supportive and helpful site here. I dont have PCOS but just wanted to say to you any way xx
  • Options
    Hi and welcome!
    Cant help as i havent got PCOS but i'm on clomid as dont ovulate!
    x

[Modified by: Jess x on May 29, 2009 10:58 AM]

• Options
    Hi i am on metformin and have been since feb not really sure if it has done anything as we are having ICSI but it does help with weight which is a bonus. Be aware that you can't really drink on the pills not sure if you know xx