Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

advice needed

Hi

I posted on here a few days ago to ask if anyone had started bleeding after HSG. I didn't bleed at all afterwards but started bleeding on Day 17 (v early for me) Bleeding continued faintly till yesterday so went to my GP - she made me take a PG test which was BFN (but not with FMU)...she's given me some pills to stop the bleeding today (which has almost gone anyway) but now I have THE weirdest taste of blood in my mouth. So my question is- do you think there is even a slim possibility that I could have had heavy implantation bleeding and still got a BFN yesterday???? Don't want to take the tablets (Ive only take one) if there is even any chance I am- after all this time waiting would be awful if I did something to damage it- or am I clutching at straws????? Agggghhhh can anyone help?

Thanks

Maddy

xx

Replies

• Hi Maddy

How infuriating for you. I don't think it's unusual for the HSG to knock things out of kilter for a bit. I certainly had spotting during the month of mine.

Obviously I'm not an expert, but if I were in your shoes, I'd follow the doctor's advice. My guess would be that the bleed was an early AF (possibly brought on by the HSG) because cd 17 sounds early for implantation bleeding?

Best of luck.