Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Low Progesterone

Hi Ladies,

DH and I have been ttc#2 for nine months now [although we stopped using contraception about 11 months ago] with not a hint of a BFP and as I am over 35, I have been to the GP for bloods. My first set of 21 day bloods indicated that I had not ov'd as my progesterone levels were low. However, I mentioned to my GP that actually my cyces averaged 32 days so day 21 may have been too early for me to have ov'd, So last cycle I went again for the test on CD25.

I called for my results this afternoon and spoke to the practice nurse who said my GP wanted to see me or at least speak to me on the phone to discuss my results because even though they were higher they were still on the low side :\?.

From your experiences, Ladies, what does this mean? Do you know what course of action might be taken? What further tests I might have? What my treatment options are?

I have so many q's to ask her but know it'll be a bit awkward doing it covertly at work on my mobile. Bet you, the sound will start breaking up just as she is telling me something important :roll:.

Any advice/stories you can share will be much appreciated.

Thanks ;\).