Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3 wks on from 1st fertility appt and feeling confused...

Hi ladies!

Ok, the good news so far,
~ my second 21 day bloods confirmed that I am ovulating, that I'm immune to Ruebella and my kidneys are fine (not sure why all that is checked but good to know I guess?!)
~ My most recent smear was normal
~ The swabs they took, chlymidia and one other (?!) were both fine, no infection found.

I'm still waiting on a blood test result done on day 4 of my cycle, which I think was for some hormones (FSH, LH and Prolactin, it says on my notes) that was done at the hospital 3 weeks ago at the same time as the swabs, no idea when I'll get the results, or how I get them- whether they write or my GP surgery gets in touch..?

And I'm waiting for my appointment to come through for my 'HyCoSy', that isn't the lap n' dye thing being discussed on another thread is it?? I'm confused, she mentioned 'dye' but I don't think it's that...? How long might it take an appointment to come through for that, any ideas?

DH will repeat his SA (after they tested his last repeat one for the wrong thing grrr) when I have my appt if he can take the time off to come with me.

As it stands his SA was good apart from the morphology of 2%.

So that's where we are ;\)

Thanks for reading~ OP x

[Modified by: Orange Pants on 17 June 2009 16:06:00 ]

Replies

• Thanks Jilly, I called my GP surgery and they had the swab results but not the blood test results. She didn't seem sure if they'd come to them or the hospital would contact me directly so I've left a message for my consultants secretary. I wasn't sure if 3 weeks was a long time or not? Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

I had hoped I'd have been contacted for the hycosy appt by now, so not sure how long that'll take... I'm feeling a bit impatient now like I just want to know mine and DH's situation, good or bad I just feel like I need to know!

I watched a Friends episode last night and monica and chandler within ONE episode decided to see a someone about fertility after a year of trying, had all tests, his and hers and the results that same day.... lol! If only eh??!! xx

[Modified by: Orange Pants on June 17, 2009 04:38 PM]

• Hi OP

Well everything seems to be hunky dory so far with all the tests so that's brilliant news.

Have these results made you feel a bit better because I know you were having a bit of a hard time with this whole ltttc which is totally understandable. xx
  • Hi OP so far so good? WHat is the prolcatin test I have my results for this but have no idea what this is - any takers I got 115?????

Could you HY thing be an HSG?? You do get dye for that? You dont need knocked out for that where as you do for lap n dy??

Hopefully OH SA will bump up on morphology, does he smoke or anything OP?
  • Hi OP,
    I'm pleased all your results so far have come back ok.
    Blood test results normally take about 1 wk to come back. If the consultant requested them the results will go back to him not your gp, so you've done the right thing leaving a mess for the secertary.
    I wanted to ask the same as MB, is a HyCosy the same as a HSG, normally you have this about 1wk after the first day of your period.
    They insert a catheter into your womb and pump dye in and then take Xray photos. I found it quite painful but others have said that it was fine. I would recommend that you take the day off work though.
    Hope this helps, good luck
    xxxxxxx
  • Hi Smiley~ Yes I'm definately taking a bit of comfort in every test that comes back ok, but still feel like I'm struggling a bit. I just want to wave my magic wand and have all the tests finished and results back as good or bad I feel like I just need to know now. I really feel like I need to know what we're dealing with so I can get my head round IVF or adoption if necessary or just to confirm that it should happen naturally eventually and that I just need to be patient.

Moonbean, that's what I think it is, I'm sure a catheter and a balloon is involved.... what a strange little party lol! I just heard dye and then saw talk of a lap n' dye and wondered if it was the same thing or if dye is just the 'in' thing within LTTC circles lol!

I'm very interested to see what DH next SA comes back as, he doesn't smoke but he did have the odd cigar and was quite a big drinker of booze and coffee and he's made an effort cutting down on those so fingers crossed......!

Thanks Jess, I'll take a day off for it and ask DH to aswell so he can come with me and re-do his SA also. 3 weeks does seem to be a while then... no call back yet I'll try again early next week if no joy..

Thanks again girlies xx

[Modified by: Orange Pants on June 18, 2009 11:34 AM]

• Hi hun.
    No a lap and dye is something totally different, its a more intrusive procedure. Its a good idea to take hubby with you, they say you cant drive afterwards and although he's probably not allowed in with you, its good to have him there for moral support xxxxxxxxx
  • Thanks Jess, I'll make she he takes the day off too. I'm not sure how long it takes to get an appt, considering getting it done privately.

I'll keep you all posted x
  • good luck chick x
  • good luck chick x
  • Good luck with everything OP, I have had my bloody results back and they were all normal, We rang up for a cancellation for OH SA as it wasn't till aug and so he did his part last weds, just waiting for the results of that and then on to the next step I suppose!
    Keep us posted with everything!
    xx
  • Good luck OP

moonbean I had problems with my prolactin before I got pregnant - your result is normal

luv
    Popsicle81
    xax
    20+1
  • Good luck OP

moonbean I had problems with my prolactin before I got pregnant - your result is normal

luv
    Popsicle81
    xax
    20+1