Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

V sore bbs! Help!

Hello girls.
Have had our app at fert clinic and they have referred me for hsg so waiting for right time for appointment. Looks like our options after this are IUI or IVF. I am on cd 24 and have had v sore breasts for about ten days now. I sometimes hve this a week before at but never had this early before. My cycles are usually between 28 & 34 days and can't work out why this would happen so early?

I'm guessing not because pg as would be too early for anything to have happened??? I'm assuming I wouldn't get this type of symptom before fertilization.

Has anyone had anything similar or know why this might be? Other than putting it down to hormones I don't know what else it could be?

Any suggestions welcome!
Smiles xx

Replies

• Options
    Hello smiles79 I'm on cd 21 and have had sore boobs for a few days now, I usually get it a few days before AF due but still over a week away. Have also been getting some funny pains lower down the past day or two. It does make me wonder if I'm ov'ing late, I haven't done opk's this month as stopped that recently - never got a definitive result with them so they stressed me out. I did however feel that I ov'd around cd12-16 because of changes in CM. Anyway determined to get to the bottom of it so have just invested in a clearblue FM for next cycle... Also due to have blood tests and ovarian scan next month so hopefully will start to get some answers as have been ttc for over a year now. Good luck with the hsg, but I really hope your symptoms this month are a good sign x
  • Options
    hi lilylolo

Thanks for your reply. Well no change with me today - still sore!

When is your scan next month? Let us know how it goes. I haven't ever tried the clearblue fm but hope it works out well for you. I did used to use of sticks which I stopped using as blood tests showed I was ov so thought that's good enough for me to stop checking at home. Also became more aware of cm which I find a good indicator. We are on coming to end of month 16 and what with such sore boobs I'm finding that this month it's all I can think about. :roll:

Smiles x
  • Options
    hi smiles... yes mine are still sore this morning too! I notice it most last thing at night and first thing in morning.

I have been feeling quite positive this month, although after watching that prog about sperm on ch4 last night now I'm not so confident! Lol. AF is due next tues so will go for blood tests next week if it arrives on time, then I have to book scan mid-cycle so all depends when AF turns up. I'm usually pretty regular though (27-29 days). Think I'm ditching the opk's for good now, esp once I've had the blood tests/ov scan and fingers crossed it shows no probs. Buying the CBFM is to try and help my PMA, I usually feel like utter crap the week before AF so I'm hoping it will give me something to focus on for next month. I have to say this month I noticed proper ewcm for the first time ever, which made me sure I'd ov'd. I'm sure I've had it before but there was loads this time (sorry TMI!)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you - when are you due to test? I guess if you have a longer cycle this month it's a good few days away yet? Good luck xx
  • Options
    hello! I missed that programme but sounds like not a bad thing! I've been having some light twinges today so think it might be af on the way but will keep thinking positively until actually here!
    I'm hoping that I can last until Sunday to have a 29 day cycle this month as if so it means I've got a chance at having my hsg done this month. It has to be done in first 10 days but not when bleeding and I usually bleed for 6-7 days so have a small window. They also only have 6 appointments per week on a tues morning!!

Obviously I'd much rather have af stay away but if she has to come the least she can do is be good with the timing! Well we will see. . .

Hope af doesn't arrive but if she does, that you can get some good results from the bloods and scan. Let me know when these are and how they go. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. xxx
  • Options
    Thanks hun, I obviously hope af stays away for u completely but if she can't manage that then I at least hope she behaves and arrives when she should. Mine is due tues so will have blood tests then if they can squeeze me in, if not another day next week although can go to walk-in centre without an appt if needs be.

p.s. hope u don't mind me asking but wondered if the '79' is your year of birth? I only ask cos it's mine and I'm approaching the big 3-0 this year!
  • Options
    any news on the sore boobs?!

i am 11 DPO and getting very agitated now-boobs are fine, just mild AF type cramps which means she could be on her way (though i have had them since 4DPO!) got a BFN this morning, so we shall see.

im 30 too this year, september image
  • Options
    Well not great news for me I'm afraid. The wicked one arrived yesterday morning making it a 27 day cycle this month which is the shortest I've ever had. Normally I would be pleased with this but of course not only does it mean that we are rolling into month 17 of trying but that the timing for me to be able to have my HSG test this time around hasn't worked out!

Oh well, I can't complain I guess. Just decided to take what's thrown at me and look ahead to next month!

Lilylolo & LisaLeigh - Yes, I'm 30 this year too! Not til December so clinging onto the last few months of the 20's! I'm feeling fine about it actually as lots of friends have been having their 30th birthdays and stressing about it. I still feel young in mind which is the main thing(although not always young in body!). My sister and I have just started jogging to get a bit fitter so feel like I'm preparing myself for my 30s!

Well, month 17 here we come. Fingers crossed that this is another one closer to a sticky bean for us all. xxx