Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confusion over CBFM results?

Hi ladies,

Haven't posted on here for a while but often pop on for a read and was hoping someone could help me. This is my 3rd cycle using the CBFM. The first and second showed that I had a peak around day 16/17 which is about what I would have thought based on a luteal phase of roughly 12 days.

As I've read this is on the shorter side I started takling vit b complex at the end of last af to try and lengthen luteal phase by a day or 2. This mth CBFM showed low on day 9 then straight to peak on day 10, which is about a week early for me! Obviously b'd that day and also day 12 which monitor automatically shows as high still. the m button then started to flash to say that af on way which would have been about day 23/24 (shortest cycle yet after ttc for 14mths) but as yt nothing. Done 3 hpts and all neg, so now I'm starting to think monitor had it all wrong and ov occured (if it did at all) around usual time and as b'ding not nearly as frequent have no doubt missed.

OH has had SA and all ok, I've also had high vaginal swab to check for STI's etc and all ok. Have transvaginal scan booked for 5th May but if af doesn't show by Tues will have to postpone as will still be on! Also GP has said will do day 21 bloods after scan results are back but at mo due to bloody af not arriving am at a standstill.

Am just concerned about monitor as spent a lot of money purchasing and thought it would help in detecting ov date. EWCM pretty scarce most months and have never got head around checking cervical position. Did used to chart and each mth definitely a prolonged rise (that's how knew L was 12ish days)

Sorry know a lot of info but feel very lost and emotional with it all today, all the time af doesn't show I still hold out hope.

Thanks

Em J xx

Replies

• Options
    Hello mrs I'm on third month of this too and have been the same quite the way through as in 2 bars day 9, 10 and 11 then eak on 12 & 13 I have however read that others have had a eak that has shot up.

The only thing I can think of is that we dont ov every month even those that normally do and the CBFM can detect a surge but it isn't a guarantee that you have ov'd??

Another explanation could be that say you did OV on day 10 it takes between 6 - 12 days for the egg to embedd so technically although you are day 23 24 your egg ma only have embedded a day or two ago and pg tests work from 6 days past embedding (I think, I know if imbedded/implanted 2 days or so ago would not show BFP on test) leave it for a few days and do another one.

Hope the result is form explanation 2 and not explanation 1 LOL xx

Just caught your reply to one of my posts and you mentioned low progesterone which is what I think I have - same as you spotting way before af is due - were did you find out about the vitimand and have you been diagnosed with low progesterone?? I have slef diagnosed on google and am going on 6th May for fertility appointment so will bring it up then but if you can shed any light would greatly appreciate it xx

[Modified by: moonbean on April 26, 2009 08:33 PM]

• Options
    No insight on this odd cycle. Perhaps this was just a really wierd cycle.
    Your blood tests should help confrm that your hormones are normal
    As you say you still might be in with a chance this month
    take care
    XX
  • Options
    Thanks ladies xx

Moonbeam- I too have self diagnosed really but have been known in the past to suffer from mouth ulcers which too is a symptom of deficiency in b6 so am thinking maybe body has never been able to produce efficient levels on own? This mth I started taking vit b complex and is the first mth for ages that didn't have any brown spotting before af. (unfortunately she did show) last mth had a good 5 days of spotting which indicates even if egg were to implant no chance of sustaining due to early shedding of lining of womb.

After my scan next week I'm having blood test at day 21 so hopefully that will indicate whether am ov and also progesterone levels. Have read that by taking b6 and using progsterone cream has improved chances of conceiving massively as lining of the womb rich enough to sustain pg.

Good luck with your appt and let me know what they say xx
  • Options
    ooohh thanks for that info, have you looked into prog cream I looked on the net but was a bit scared and not too sure if it would work? Think I'll go get myself some B6 too LOL

I'll deffo let you know what they say, I have had day 21's and although they have indicated that I ov'd I want to know what prog levels were and how if they do go down etc etc.

Will keep yo posted - look out for my post on 6th May LOL XX