Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Daisygirl

HI Daisygirl

Just a little hello to see how you're doing. Hope you're ok and things are coming along alright. I think last time we 'spoke' on here we were 'cycle buddies'. Really sorry if I have missed an update post - hope all's ok.

Take care,
Mrs B xx

Replies

• Hi Mrs B!

So sorry not to have been in touch more, everything seems to be happening at once for us - we're renovating my old cottage 100 miles away, which we're moving into in a month, my work is just nuts and I'm doing an MA too, so have lots of work to do for that!! Don't seem to have drawn breath this cycle and have been rubbish at forum posting.

Have just had a look at your update thread and sounds as if you're doing really well. Lovely number of follies on the way and as you say, that's so crucial. I love the orange nightie thing!! Know just what you mean about being superstitious - so hard not to be!

We've had a bit of an up and down time. My first few blood results were quite low and I'm on the max dose of Menopur as it is, so couldn't have any more. Seem to have picked up a little on the last scan / blood test so I triggered last night and I'm in for egg collection tomorrow! I never get many eggs and even fewer embryos, so I'm as nervous as anything about tomorrow, especially as my bloods are worse than last time, but to be honest I've done all I can, so I'm just trying to have lots of PMA.

Do keep in touch and I will too. Be great to have someone to go through the dreaded 2ww with! Lots and lots of luck to you - can't wait to hear about your lovely haul of Easter eggs on Friday!

xxx
  • Oh Daisygirl, I am excited for you and really hoping today went well for you and you got some good little eggs. It is all so hard, but you sound quite upbeat and , as you say, you have done all you can. Hang in there - and let me know how you got on today, I will say a we prayer/send lots of good vibes for you.

I take my trigger tonight at 10pm, then all being well EC on Friday morning. Eeeek. scared, nervous, excited - all rolled into one. Hoping not to feel too sore after EC and also hoping I can keep it together and not turn into a gibbering wreck when I arrive at the clinic on Friday.

Spent this avo ironing my pyjamas and comfy clothes (something I would never normally have the time nor inclination to do - the things you do when off work and a bit bored!), at least I am all set for 'lounge wear' for the couple of days after EC.

Anyway, thinking of you and hope , as I type, your eggs are getting jiggy with those lil swimmers!

Take care,
    Mrs B xx

• Hi Mrs B

Thank you for your message and your good luck for our egg collection yesterday. I was so nervous about it all. We had a lovely consultant for the procedure and he was so friendly and reassuring. I'd said I was worried about not having many follicles and he told me if there was an egg to find in my follicles he'd find it! I had a scan just before I went in and still had 3 good sized follies on the right and two -tiny' ones on the left. Consultant was good to his word though and got 5 eggs from the 5 follies!

So nervous waiting for the call this morning to find out if we had any embies, was sure the small 2 would have been immature and we tend to have a low fertilisation rate so was thinking there was a strong possibility we'd get nothing. Had the call about 11.20 (by which time nerves were well and truly shredded!). They'd managed to inject all five eggs and by this morning we had two embryos!

I'd obviously dreamed of having more and going further than a day 2 transfer, but this is just what happened last time and we got a BFP, so just hoping and praying that our little embies make it through the night and we're back in tomorrow for our transfer. In fact we've now had three IVF cycles and got two embryos each time, so we're nothing if not consistent!! Feeling good after the op yesterday. A bit sore but having a v relaxing day today.

Hope your trigger went well last night. I always get so nervous I'm going to drop it or do it wrong or something! Will have everything crossed for you for your EC tomorrow - hope you have a real bumper crop. Must say I didn't mind any of it yesterday. Felt really positive to have got to that point and know I'd done all I could. I'd forgotten how much I like the general anasthetic too!! Feels like such a lovely snooze! My top tip for you is to try and get hold of some Thermacare Heat Wraps. They are just wonderful to stick on your tummy after EC. They're meant for the neck and shoulders but are just the right shape to cover your ovary area and they really help with any soreness. I stuck one on as soon as we left the hospital and then did another one through the night and feel fine today. I little sore but almost back to normal already.

Lots and lots and lots of luck for tomorrow. Let me know how you get on and I'll do the same.

xxx
  • seen you on mrs d and wanted to say all the very best for your et thinking of you and wishing you all the luck in the world you really deserve it xx
  • DG Good luck hun. I hope EC went well and I have everything crossed for you. xxx
  • Hey Mrs B and Daisygirl. Really hope the next few days go well for you both. Tink.xx
  • DG hope those little embryos are hanging in and transfer goes well today. Thinking of you. xx
  • Good Luck Daisygirl - Hope all goes well for you x
  • :\) :\) :\) Hi you lovely ladies!

So lovely to hear from you all and thank you for your good wishes.

Well, I'm officially PUPO (pregnant until proved otherwise!). Got to the hospital nice and early but was very nervous about our two little embies. Turned out to be just the same as last time, we had 2, 4 cell, grade 1 embies to go back in!! Can't believe it was exactly the same as last time, 5 eggs, 2 embies, exactly the same quality, etc. Just hoping the end result is the same but we have two lovely, super-sticky beans this time. Had a lovely consultant for the transfer. She was really pleased with how it went and said it was perfect even though she said so herself

So the 2ww starts. Feeling really happy and positive to have got to this point and just hoping and praying this is our turn.

Mrs B - been thinking of you today. Really, really hope your EC has gone brilliantly. Can't wait to hear your news.

xxx
  • Got everything crossed for you honey that u'll be a PAP (pregnant and proven) in 2 short weeks....and with much added luck a twin mummy to be!!!

Lilac*
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hoooooooray DG!!! I am thrilled for you, well done hun! And big congrats on being PUPO - carry those embies with pride I say (and so does Zina West, lol!). And thanks for thinking of me - have updated on my other post. Hugs and well done you! xx
  • Hey cycle bud DaisyGirl!

How are you feeling now that the embies have been 'on board' a wee while? Sending you lots of good vibes. MrsB xx
  • Hi lovely ladies :\) :\) :\)

Mrs B - not doing too badly, though already getting impatient, which is not a good sign!! Have been taking it very easy since ET on Friday but now going a little stir crazy, so probably going to pop out this afternoon for a little gentle wander round the shops just to get some fresh air. Another quiet day planned tomorrow and then going to be doing a little more as the week progresses in order to keep sane.

Trying to be really positive and enjoy this cycle. We've named our little embies. Throughout my jabs I was using Mr Happy plasters because they made me smile, so our two embies are now named Mr Happy and Mr Strong (or in fact Happy and Strong for short in case they're little girl embies!). DH gives me two extra kisses for each of them every time he kisses me, so we're falling in love with them already!!

xxx
  • Aw, that's lovely about the 'extra kisses' - so sweet.

I am glad to hear you're doing well, if a wee bit bored. I empathise - since EC on Friday I have not really been out of the house much and today went out for lunch , just locally, but it was such a treat to have a change of scenery....and that's still with ET to go, lol!

Agree with you re staying positive. It can only help and I like the idea of happy hormones being passed on to the wee developing embies - I definitely believe this is the case.
    Stay strong DG and keep us posted. Go 'Happy' and 'Strong'!!!!!!!
    Love MrsB xx
  • aw mrs i am hoping and praying fir two sticky beans for you, hey dont rule out that they both split and you get quads lol
  • :\) :lol::\) :lol::\) :lol: Love it Moonbeam!!

xxx
  • Fantastic news that everything went perfectly... am sending Happy and Strong super sticky vibes! xx
  • Just want to say best of luck in the next few weeks. Sounds like you're being really positive and upbeat ... thinking of you and fingers crossed for a great result xx
  • Hey cycle budster!

Thinking of you DG, how are you doing? I was just reading back over this thread and I am like how you were 2 days post transfer - really eager to get out and , as you said, maybe have a gentle wander round the shops or something. It's funny, I don't know if you've found this...but when I am at work all week and , as normally, really busy and not home til about 7pm most nights, I think ''ooooh, it would be so lovely to have more time in the house just to potter about...'' Ha, well I have now discovered there is only so much pottering a girl can do without going stir crazzeeey!!!

I am eager (saddo, I know) to hoover, but best not...have really done very little except watch DVDs , read magazines and , well, potter. I think today (wed) I might drive to the mall - not too far, about 10miles, and then have a little browse - I know some people have bed rest for a few more days, but do you think it's ok to go out and about?

I feel pretty good and just a small 'stitch' like feeling in my side, which I think is from EC.

Any tips as to how to pass the time?! Did you say you were signed off work/annual leave for the 2ww?

Sending you lots of good vibes hon,
    MrsB xx

[Modified by: MrsBambino on April 21, 2010 11:25 AM]

• Hi Mrs B!

Oooh, I do sympathise! It's so hard not to go stir crazy isn't it?! I had a really quiet few days after ET but did pop to the shops for an hour or so on a couple of days. On the info my clinic gives out they say to carry on as normal after ET, but then of course Zita suggests you hop into bed for a couple of weeks and don't get out, so who knows! Through my various cycles I've known girls who have literally gone to bed for the 2ww and got a BFP but others who've gone off on holiday and also got a positive, so I'm kind of of the opinion that if it's going to work, it's going to work (not withstanding big alcoholic binges, smoking, bungee jumping, etc!). The best advice I've had is not to do anything I could look back on and regret / blame myself for and I try to stick to that.

Last cycle, when I got my BFP, we spent three days of the second week running round London. I tried not to do too much but ended up with a blister on my toe from walking around so much. Still worked for me and most importantly I stayed sane! Planning a day out in London tomorrow and a nice weekend with friends, so I'm hoping that will make the time go a little faster. I think my advice would be to have lots planned, particularly for the second week, but nothing too physically tiring. Otherwise DVDs, books and a good amount of time on these lovely forums does it for me! Yes, I'm off for the two weeks (I've taken the second week as hols so I can go out and about if I want to). I'm popping in on Monday for a meeting but just wanted to keep the 2ww as stress free as possible. How about you? Are you off for the full two?

Just one week left until test day for us (our clinc is v early and we test 14 days after EC). Getting a bit nervous now. I dream and dream of this being a positive and us having sticky beans, but I'm scared to get my hopes up too much. A non-virtual friend got her BFP today on her first IVF cycle and I'm so, so pleased for her. Would love so much to be in the same boat next week!

xxx