Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The sentences I hate the most in the world!!!

I know people mean well BUT don't you just hate it when you're told/asked the following sentences like a) you want to hear them b) you've not heard them a million times before c) they are ever really going to make you feel better...? :x

A few of my most hated sentences are.....

1) 'Relax and it will happen when you least expect it' - grrrr I had been relaxed and it's been so long now that I'm not even expecting it any more... so surely it should happen now?

2) ' Have you tried having more sex?' - Well, i hadn't been banking on an immaculate conception...

3) 'Just wanted to say our good news, we are pregnant and after only a month of trying' - Well, whoopee doo for you and your amazing ovaries...

4) 'so, when is it your turn wink wink?' - When indeed. Answers on a postcard please...

5) 'you fell pregnant before so everything is working as it should be. It will happen again' - mmm, really? the BFP that took me a year and a half to get, which ended in miscarriage and which hapened a year ago without a sniff of another BFP but hey, im not worried, cause you said it will happen again.....

6) 'Is your biological clock not ticking?' - no it's not ticking, it's banging. LOUDLY

The questions never get more original do they?

[Modified by: Daisy Duck on 04 February 2010 12:11:55 ]

Replies

• Hey ladies, glad i've been able to make you giggle.

I don't know which one I hate the most, they are all soooooo annoying!! The second I even think i'm going to hear one of them I have to resist the urge of covering my ears, singing la-la-la and allow my brain to take me to a 'happy place'...

• Omg i know how you feel... I keep getting ''Your only young, it will happen when its ready''...

• Miss88

I keep getting that too. And then I think... yes, I was young when I started and with every minute i'm only getting older...
  • This really made me smile, its nice to be able to laugh about it all every so often
    xxx
  • hhahahahaha. this made me chuckle. god i hate those questions. get them all the time! sod off!!!
  • Hi Daisy, just have one more to add to your annoying list (annoying list of sentences, not annoying list! LOL!)

Oooh no, you don't want to have kids yet - put it off as long as you can!!

*scream*
  • I love this post! Its so funny i was talking about this exact thing with OH last night. The sentence that was said to me was "Are you putting it(u know your mans thing) in the correct hole? If your not sure would you like me to draw you a picture?" Well yes we have been TTC for 3years 4months and have been together for 6years i think by now we know what we are doing down there!!! Some people can be so insencitive!! XX
  • "Oooh no, you don't want to have kids yet - put it off as long as you can!!"

Gypsy, I get this too!!! And is it just me, but is it the ones that have about a hundred kids that use this one? If its so bad, why didn't they just stop at one!!!

But i suppose it's to be expected, as it's probably the same person that said 'you don't want to get married, you want to stay single for as long as possible!!' when the engagement was announced! :roll:

[Modified by: Daisy Duck on February 04, 2010 08:05 PM]

• "Are you putting it(u know your mans thing) in the correct hole? If your not sure would you like me to draw you a picture?"

LOL!!! Oh, I would have had them draw a picture and then pin it up on my wall everytime they come round to visit! image

• I am loving this post and so is OH . He never gets to into BE but this one he is. He has had a few people say funny things to him aswell so as bad as these things are thats said its good it happens to everyone. XX
  • PMSL Good Thread DD!!!

We've had 4 mc in 16 months & I hate

"At least you know you can pregnant"
    or
    "It obviously wasnt meant to be"

Grrrr
    xxx
  • Don't you just get fed up of all the questions?

I'm tempted to get a white t-shirt and write the questions on the front followed by the answers on the back. May not be overly discreet, but it sure as hell beats having to repeat yourself!

Oooh, have you had the 'have you tried, NOT trying...?' (I got this one at the weekend). Like seriously, trying isn't going all that great for me so don't know how not trying is going to do it!! :roll:

[Modified by: Daisy Duck on February 04, 2010 08:20 PM]

• Yep bigtime!!!

We do get maybe you shouldnt try for a bit as well, give yourselfs a break!! Uhhh yea thanks for that!!

Tshirt sounds like a great idea LOL that would shut em up!! x
  • Oooh, Ooh, Ooh, and

I understand what you're going through. I mean we didn't have any problems, but it must be sooo difficult for you!
  • How can anyone try to understand unless they have been through what we all have!! Makes you laugh doesnt it!! x

• "At least you know you can pregnant"
    or
    "It obviously wasnt meant to be"
    Grrrr
    xxx

Wow, I get this ALL the time. I really really hate them with a passion :x

[Modified by: Daisy Duck on February 04, 2010 09:21 PM]

• Same here hun, i've had that plenty of times & I do answer by saying "it's all very well getting pg but I cant carry my babies"!!!
    Dont normally get a reply just an uncomfortable look on there face LOL!!!
  • And you know who are the worst for saying these things... woman who HAVE children.

Today i got ''Dont have a baby yet, live your life first'' oh yeah like my lifes over when I have a baby pffft.
  • I often get 'how far?,what are you guys doing?" Playing poker in the bedroom is always at the tip of my tongue and some pple are so rude,especially my mum's friends. They just stare at my tummy. No words needed. So annoying! And some pple even go on to ask 'hows junior?" Which junior??!! i always wish i had a saucean to hit them with. That'd shut them up!