Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New and in need of advice!

Hello every1!

I am new to this so sorry if I am in the wrong place!! My partner and I have been trying for a baby for 14 months with no joy image(

since I came off my pill my monthly visit aint been very monthly lol! I can go anything from 4-12 weeks with out anything and a lighter purse after all the tests I have bought! I am now on my 12th week without anything again and negative tests! Is there anything I can buy to regulate myself a lil bit??

Any help would be great as we are feeling a lil low at the moment and I can help but feel its my fault image(

Thanks evey1! :cry:
xxx

Replies

• Hello and welcome!

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Can I ask, have you had any tests at the docs to find out why your cycles are so irregular? I ask because my cycles since I came off the pill have been over 80 days long, and it turns out I have polycystic ovaries. I think it would just be worth checking out, and then if you do have any issues you could get the help you need to ovulate more regularly.

I hope things work out for you soon xx
  • Hello Magpie
    Thanks for replying. Yeah, I went to the docs in Nov and had all the tests done and was told everythings fine and just to wait and it will arrive when it wants to! We had a miscarrage in Jan which was hard as I blamed myself for weeks.
    I am thinking of going back to the docs soon but I was just wondering if there is anything I could do before I go back so I can say I have already tried. Hope you are well
    xxx
  • Ah I am really sorry to hear about your MC. You must never blame yourself, none of it is your fault - I understand how you feel as sometimes I feel guilty that my body doesn't work properly and I am stopping my hubby from having a baby but we can't help what our bodies do!

I think after 14 months you would definitely be entitled to go back to the docs, especially as your cycles are irregular and surely there must be some reason for that. I am probably not the best person to give advice on regulating cycles as I haven't been able to do it with mine! But some ladies on here have talked about Agnus Castus that you can get from herbal shops, I think you take it up to the point of ovulation.

Good luck xx
  • Its ok, took a lil while to get to grips with it but its ok. I know what you mean, I feel guilty to as if its my fault I cant make our family complete. I am 24 and my Docs keep saying your young so just wait.

hmmm I havent heard of Angus Castus before. I will defo have a look into that, Thanks!

I hope your ok, must be hard with your cycles the way they are.
    xxx
  • hey sweetie, i too have random cycles (only since following a mmc last july mind#) and they dont know why cus i've had the tests too! after stopping the pill 25months ago they were pretty reg b4! i would def go back to the docs hun, i will be too soon! i looked into AC but decided agianist it personally i figured that if i want help from my GP i need to avoid putting things in my body that i can avoid, a lot have triedn it though and found it succesful. another would be evening primrose oil to reg hormones which could help, again only take it until OV though so u need top be monitoring when u OV. xxx
  • Hey rocky_kiz

Thanks for the advice! I just dnt know what else to do! I was reg b4 too but since coming off its all over the place! its hard coz every month once you hit over 4-5 weeks you think "ooooo is this it" and then a negative result looks back at you, you cant help but feel deflated! hope you are ok! xxx
  • Hey rocky_kiz

Thanks for the advice! I just dnt know what else to do! I was reg b4 too but since coming off its all over the place! its hard coz every month once you hit over 4-5 weeks you think "ooooo is this it" and then a negative result looks back at you, you cant help but feel deflated! hope you are ok! xxx
  • Hi - agnus cactus has been mentioned but my homeopath put me on Black Cohosh (I can't remember the reasons except she said it was more suited to me) and I definitely felt like my cycles went down and that ovulation was stronger after I started taking it -for instance my boobs really hurt wheras they hadn't before! Worth looking into both options - I hope something helps - mine weren't quite as irregular as yours but I do still think my bfp may have been partly down to Black Cohosh.x
  • Hiya mrsj36

Thanks for the advise, think I will look into both of them! hope this finds you well! xxx