Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OMG-it's finally happened! Baby no more

Hi guys,

Don't think many people will know me but just wanted to tell someone!!!

After 13 months, we have finally got a BFP!

We were referred to Fertility clinic in July - no joy since coming off pill in Oct/Noc, and bloods suggesting I wasn't ovulating. At this stage, for some reason, my cycle lengths totally went bizarre. After coming off the pill, I had been totally regular at 28ish days, then suddenly I was having 42/35/29/39 day long cycles.

There should have been an 18wk waiting list for the clinic but we were lucky to get a cancellation after about 10wks. By this time, I'd had a second blood test which said I had ovulated, and my husband did his sample which came back as 'not quite normal but ok!'

So the consultant said we probably had unexplained infertility but that I needed to have an HSG (dye test) to exclude any blockages. Unfortunately, the waiting list for this is 3-4 months, and it is really difficult to plan for as you have to be in the early stages of your cycle in order to make sure that you are not pregnant when having the test. Therefore, we asked to be referred for it privately as we were really getting desperate by this stage.

However, I got another cancellation for the HSG in October, and at the right time in my cycle, and this turned out to be normal. The next step was serial urine testing for ovulation tracking and a repeat sample from my husband, pending our next appointment at the Fertility clinic at the end of Jan. Being as impatient as I am, I called them up again last week to see if we could be seen sooner, and surprisingly got an appointment for today!

I have always been very impatient and have done countless tests over the last 13 months, and did one which was neg on Monday night. I then did another one on Tuesday am and we thought we could see the faintest of lines. However, after buying my first ever digital one on Wednesday night, we were disappointed to get another neg. We just kept focusing on our appointment at the Fertility clinic today. As there were 2 tests in the pack, I did the other 1 when I got in from work last night, and was totally shocked when I went back into the bathroom and the test said 'Pregnant 1-2 weeks'.

I know it's very early days and will probably do countless other tests just to make sure, but I just wanted to let people know that if you push for cancellations etc., it really can speed things up drastically. It was so spooky that we had that appointment today for the clinic, and we had even planned that we were going to ask them to refer us for self-funding IVF, as it really has taken over our lives. I have heard of a few people who get a BFP after an HSG-I think it just clears things out!

So that is my story-hope it is helpful for those in similar situations

J x

Just to say I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago. Life is so cruel and unfair, after all we'd been through. To have the ecstacy then the agony is unbearable. I was 7 weeks. Just can't believe it, life was perfect for 4 weeks, adn then it gets snatched away again.
Fighting all the time with my husband. Can't bear to see 2 friends who are pregnant-1 of whom smoked 20/day and drank up to 10 weeks as she didn't know, and still has the odd fag. I know I sound bitter but can't be around them just now.

It's now been 15months and feels even worse than being back to square 1. Anyone have any tips?

Jen

[Modified by: JCB'08 on 30 December 2008 15:25:55 ]

Replies

• Congratulations, that is fab news. Hopeu have a happy healthy 9 months.
  • Awwww, congrats hun. That's great news xxx
  • Congratulations xxx
  • congratulations xx
  • Congratulations
    xx
  • Huge congratulations hun! Have a h&h 9mths!

Sending sticky babydust to you xx

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/a429/2.png

• Oh wow - congratulations!!
  • Oh many congratulations.

And thanks for your story its always lovely to hear someones success story after trying for a while and it gives us all hope. So have a happy and healthy 9 months.

jen xx
  • hello jcb and congratulatons image thank you for telling your story too. I wish you a very h&h 9 months...congratulations again image XxX
  • That's great news - congratulations! xx
  • Thanks very much for all the kind comments. I really hope it is helpful as I know only too well how TTC can be all-consuming.

It really can happen when you least expect it.

J x
  • What a brilliant story congratulations im really pleased for you xx
  • Fab story - Congratulations hun!! Have a healthy pregnancy and birth xx
  • Oh hunny, i am so sorry, i don't know why life has to be so shit and cruel. I can't offer any advice as not been through it just try and stay strong and talk to hubby. Big cyber hugs coming ur way. Sxx
  • Oh hun, I'm so so sorry. I know from experience that there isn't really anything I can say that will make you feel better.
    I had mc at 9 weeks, 7 months ago now, and it was truly the worst experience of my life. I totally understand what you mean by being so happy one minute and it snatched away the next. It really is cruel. Especially when you see other people who weren't even trying getting pregnant so easily.

Hubby and I fought a lot after my mc as he wanted me to just pull myself together and I wanted to just curl up in a corner and do nothing. But you will get through this - and it will make you stronger as a couple. Talk to each other - I didn't realise how much my hubby was grieving too. And talk to people on the MC forum too. They really helped me feel less alone.

It does get easier over time hun. It doesn't go away - you never forget your bean and I still have days when I am really down/jealous/bitter etc - but I promise it does get easier to live with.
    You just have to try to remember that you got pg before, and you will again.

I hope you are feeling ok physically.

Big hugs. We are here if you need to talk. Thinking of you xxx
  • Im so sorry hun... ((big hugs))
    Hope you find the strength to grieve for your loss and continue TTC xx
  • Im soooo sorry hunny, i know nothing we say can take your pain away but you and your hubby need each other right now the last thing you want to be doing is fighting.

Take care of both yourselves and we are all here for you.

love jen xx
  • Hello,

I didn't see your post 1st time round - but I am so so sorry for your loss.

Make sure you take time for each other and always know that there are people here to listen and give advice if and when you need it.

Thinking of you chick

xx
  • Hey - Im so so sorry youve been through all this. I truely hope things get better between you and dh - you need to remember what brought you together in the first place and focus on mending your broken hearts together - hopefully you will find the strength to do that soon.

Look after each other and you will be happy again one day.
    Take care hun
    xx