Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Soy Isoflavones

Hiya Ladies,

I was wondering has anyone tried Soy Isoflavones? They are supposed to be a natural version of Clomid..
Has anyone had any joy with them or any horror stories? xx

Replies

• never heard of them! might go and do a bit of research now though... xx
  • My best friend has PCOS and was TTC for 27 months, went thru all the lap & dye, ovarian drilling, clomid etc etc with no luck,,.was all set to give IVF a go.....
    She took these pills (bought from Boots) as a last ditch attempt and is now 8 weeks pregnant.....Just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of them or tried them etc.

She has given me the rest of the pills she didn't take and I'm waiting for AF so I can give them a bash too!
    Here's hoping they work their magic for me too! xx
  • http://www.isoflavones.info/

I found this page on them if anyone wants any info, it does say something about activating estrogen but it can also affect thyroids and i have an underactive one so i wouldn't risk taking them as my UT could be making me infertile!! I suppose they are worth a try for most people though image good luck with them x

Ooh, i have also just read that Zita West doesn't recommend them as they have mild contraceptive affects and also they are mainly used for menopause not TTC....just a bit of info x
  • Personally, I try to stsy well clear of anything of soy origin. I am vegetarian, so used to eat a lot of soya foods. My periods virtually stopped, but then I would have long bleeds lasting up to 3 months. Gynae diagnosed pcos (said he could feel them on internal exam). Referred me for hysteroscopy & d&c. In the mean time, I read in New Scientist magazine that soya contains plant oestrogens which, they theorised, could have a similar effect to human oestrogen. I gave up eating soya, my periods came back and nothing was found on investigations. I don't know if its connected, but I avoid soya anyway now.

i do seem to have an easily influenced body. I was always the one who became syncronised with my housemates at uni, so could explain it?