Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help, i think i may be ovulating!!!

Morning ladies

Well i am completely confused and need some advice.

The past few days i have been feeling a bit off and have had some twinges. Some of you will remember that i had my last chance on clomid last month which didn't make me ovulate. Well this week i have had a lot of ewcm and pains, so yesterday, ahead of my injection appointment on Friday, took a CB OPK, i wasn't too surprised when it came up + as i do feel like i could be away to OV. Anyways, i went for a walk with hubby and remembered that i had a clear blue digital opk and tested with that to confirm - this came up negative....? Now today i am in sheer agony with my left side in beside my ovary! The pains are like nothing i have had before when ovulating.

So, tonight i will do the tests again, but do you think i could be OV? The 1st test was a clear blue and the ov line was really dark blue (like the months i have ovulated!) but i am just confused about the 2nd test! All i can think of is, i drank a bit then went for a walk and had another wee about 2 hours later...

Agh, i am so confused! I will test again tonight and let you all know image

Any advice would be fab! and if i am ovulating myself, then it must be a bloody miracle, haha!

Replies

• Options
    hey didn't want to r&r. i have major ov pains so to me it sounds like u are. not sure whats goin on with the opk's tho. but if u've had ewcm aswell i'd say u need to get bd'ing hun.
    good luck xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Hannah, thanks for the reply!

Don't worry, i have pounced on my hubby and will for the next few nights.

I haven't told him about the opk's as last month we were both a bit too stressed so i am keeping it to myself and let him think he is just too irresistable, :lol: (well, to me he is, but even more so when you know your ov, haha)

Will test again tonight, but the pain and +opk confirm it for me, it's just tha darn digital one that has put doubt in my mind.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    OPKs pick up the surge before you actually ov. I think this can be up to 36 hours before actual ov so the second test might have been after your surge but before the actual egg release so I wouldn't worry about it too much and get on with the BDing!!!
    Good luck!
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    hiii,
    good luck !!! I will definitly count this as +ve. as the girls r saying th 2nd test might be after u ovulated that will explain the -ve. The symptoms ur having will confirm that yes its ovulation.

Goooood luck imageimage
  • Options
    Hi Tiny T
    I'm no expert but I've read some people using OPKs get pregnant without getting a positive OPK one so I'd definately treat it as one, enjoy your pouncing ;\) x
  • Options
    Hey girlies, well last night i tested, and the exact same results. 1 + 1 - OPK. So strange. Anyways, i have my injection talk on Friday and i will be getting bloods done then too, so i will see what my nurse says. Thanks for all your replies xxx
  • Options
    Ohh good luck TT.
    Keep bonking!!
    xxxx
  • Options
    Tiny T I have had the same this week. I have not ovulated since last Oct when I fell pg. Had a mmc in Jan and no ov since. Almost died of shock when CBFM went from low (whats its hown since jan) to peak on Monday and then got a positive tesco opk but negative cb digital. However when I got pg in Oct (after 13 months) I never got a smily face on them either so beginning to think they are just a waste of money! Very excited to actually ovulate after 6 months., Strange thing is that I am about to be referred because I am not ovulating! Would love not to go to that appointment! Keep Bding!!! Good luck sweetie xx
  • Options
    I wouldn't completely relay on opks. You know your body the beat, pain and ewcm sys ovulating to me. Opks are not that relaiable as only pick up a surge, I have 6 or 7 positives ova in a row but don't actually ov till two days after the last positive opk! Xx