Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

update ?? blasto transfer - todays egg harvest festival !!

My dear ladies

Today was a good day for the jenko household.

Given all the ups and downs, hormone rollercoaster and OHSS risk there were days I thought I would not reach this stage

The 100 plus follicles were not like empty honeycomb as I feared. They harvested 30 eggs. Hubbie is getting misty eyed and talking about the potential for generating our own rugby team which is a function of being very welsh

Numbers are meaningless at this stage as it depends whether they are viable and continue to grow.
However inappropriate my response to the drugs there seems to be some life left in these 39 year old ovary

The embyologist was talking about the replacement of a blastocyst - this is a later stage embryo at five days
Spooky indeed to think of the 'kids' hanging around in a petri dish for five days whilst I recuperate.

If it does turn out to be tuesday I might even have a small glass of wine tomorrow, before the two week or even nine month wait.

Thanking you all for your lovely messages, didn't seen you online Mrs Amanda and thought you might have some news??

XXX

[Modified by: J-Jenko on 26 January 2009 12:55:53 ]

Replies

• Oh thats just brilliant news!! I'm so pleased for you. I hope lots of them are successful and develop well so that you can have the best of them put back on tuesday.
    Sending them 'good growing'vibes and you relaxing ones.
    H.xxxx
  • Good news JJ - Enjoy that glass of wine while you still can! Will keep my fingers crossed that things go well on Tuesday. Keep us updated.

• oof just typed this and the website munched my reply
    thanks Helen, Weegie and Mrs A for your messages am feeling a bit battered but better than I imagined and am not being sick anymore as I guess the oestrogen is falling.
    Mrs Amanda I hope you don't have PE and need admitting. At least you are nearly term so hopefully it wouldn't be for more than a week.
    Take care and can't wait to hear your news
  • Excellent news honey!

*ponders how jenko will carry a "rugby team" to term*

Hope the "kids" have a productive 5 days and grow well!!

Everything crossed for tuesday!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Oh that's so exciting! Well done you image

I'm off gallivanting tomorrow and Sunday so will see you for an update next week x x

A - fingers crossed you can stay at home and have the mad dash into the hospital x x
  • Fab news JJ !!!! Keep us all updated on your progress and wishing you and your 'kids' the very best of luck, you truely deserve it x
  • thanks ladies
    Lilac I think my husband had hopes of a few bambinos to play the hallowed sport of wales... one would be a great start. hee hee
    Gypsy enjoy the gallivanting
    thanks porky and claire I hope you have a wonderul weekend
  • Just been getting up to date with your story J-Jenko - you've been through such a lot. Sending you lots of hope and good luck for the Future Rugby Team - roll on the cute little rugby kits! best of luck! xx
  • thanks mrs bambino - have a feeling the rugby tops would be red !!
  • Fab news for you really happy how fab is that for you fingers toes everything crossed for a successful journey for you x
  • Hi JJ!!
    Congratulations on those fantastic egg numbers!!! Hope you get lots of mature ones fertilised and its brilliant about the possible blastocyst transfer!
    Please let us know when your having the transfer... its lovely to follow your story as it happens!!
    Best of luck!
    xxx
  • After all that has ben thrown at you so far there seems to be some lovely light at the end of the tunnel.

Fingers crossed for you my love x
  • Helloooooo

Sorry for a bit of radio silence over the weekend

The man from del monte/embryologist said YES !!! to blastocyst transfer
    3 out of our 16 embryos are grade 4 and some 3's

However I look like a toffee apple and have a couple of other organic symptoms of OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation) and fluid is collecting in my abodomen. Blood tests are the pivot to whether we have to turn the embryos to snow babies for a while to let the grapefruit sized ovaries return to heel

I still feel if this happens we got so much further than we ever imagined.

Hubbie is secretly pleased that our fertilisation rate was so high. Spot the puffed out chest

Thank you for your lovely messages

Just hoping that no one offers me a seat on the train as I look pregnant
    Ahhhh
  • Woo Hoo!!!! That's fantastic news!!!! I am so pleased for you!!!!
    Hahahah...my husband was the same about fertilisation!!! (although can't really blame them as we can bang on about egg and follicle numbers till the cows come home!!)
    ps. will keep my fingers crossed that you continue to look Pregnant for the next 9 months!! and get offered a seat on every train you travel on!!!
    xx
  • Oh thats excellent about the embryo's. Hoping that they are able to implant tomorrow but if not the chances should be good with such good quality of embryos even after freezing I would've thought?
    Everything crossed for you.xx
  • Fab news huni, hope ur OHSS symptoms sort themelves out soon so you can go ahead and carry on looking preg for the next 9 months. Sxx
  • Aw how lovely so pleased for you even f they do have to be snow babies (I love that by the way!) for a wee while at least you'll not have to do all this it'll be in get your babies in and away you go!!!

So pleased for you xx