Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid Confusion...also posted in TCC

Hi ladies

I really don't come on here that often but always know this is the place where I can get some good advice, and a bit of PMA.

I have been TCC to 18 months now and last month I took my first cycle of clomid. I took it from day 2-6 and I thought everything was going well when I had strong O pains, increased CM and generally felt like I was ovulating.

I then had some light spotting for a few days a week before I was due AF (or when I thought I would be due on the clomid).

I tested on CD 28 bit a BFN, I then tested again on CD 35...and still a BFN.

Last weekend CD38, I started getting some more spotting (just brown and light, sorry if TMI) and thought it was start of AF. Since then all I've had is this brown bleeding (not heavy and no red).

So here's my problem....When do I start taking my 2nd cycle of Clomid? My doctor said I should take it on day 2 of the cycle, but not to include spotting. Has anyone experienced this? Could I be pregnant?

I'm too scared to take another test as over the months I've had so much dissappointment. I'm now on CD43.

Somebody please help xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hon,

I haven't been in your position but I would probably give the nurses at the fertility clinic a quick ring and see what they think. I had to take Provera to get a proper bleed to start Clomid as I waas just getting random spotting instead of af's.

I would imagine they'll advise you to take another test though..

Good luck!!!
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi,

What you are experiencing happened to me too. I phoned my fertility nurse and she said to wait and see. A couple of days later I had a very heavy period and the nurse thought I had developed a cyst. This was on my fourth cycle of clomid so thought it was a sign a needed to take a break. I took a three month break and started my fifth cycle of clomid this month and I am in my 2WW. I get very tired on clomid and find it really hard to sleep - the break off clomid did my the world of good. I decided to use the break to lose a stone in weight - which I have. Heres hoping this increases my chances of falling pregnant. fingers crossed cycle 5 is the lucky one. Hope this helps. Good luck. x