Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

FAO Vixs2007

u belong here there are a few of us waiting to find out if our next option is IVF myself included. Both my tubes are blocked and i'm waiting to find out if they will make an attempt to unblock them. or it is on to IVF.

Stay here with us. xxxx

Replies

• definitely here is the right place... what you are going through is exactly what this area is aimed for - those that have been trying for a long time and are having to go through the next steps to get a BFP, whether that is initial tests, drugs or full assisted conception (and all the steps inbetween).

Welcome!

xxx
  • thanks Lilac, got my HSG brought forward to 11 tomorrow. Eeekk!!

When I had a uterine sample took more than a year ago now I passed out. I found the pain so intense. The male gyno then turned around and told me to stop being so silly as it was a painless test. I remeber looking at him in disgust.....I mean what would he know he's a bloke.

So I'm a little worried that I might pass out again. No idea how painful it will be. But I know it needs to be done. Then its back to the fertility expert for the verdict on wether its IVF for us.
  • Don't panic its not too bad i had mine done on the 25th July.

Its a bit uncomfortable when they put the "thing" image up there but try and do big breaths out and let ur legs go floppy and i found that worked much better. Make sure u take a pad as well cause they advise it will cause some bleeding.

let me know how it goes. xxx
  • Thanks for your support too Mrs Jules.

Yesterday the TTC forum reminded me of my awful recent experience when I went for another ultrasound scan. My hospital has only one scan department, so you're made to wait for ages in a waiting room full of heavily pregnant women. It felt like torture.

Even worse when one woman came in pushing a pram with three kids in tow and another on the way. She spent the whole home yelling at them to shutup and stop annoying her! Why on earth did she get pregnant again!

I'm scared that they will find something very serious tomorrow.
  • oh u poor thing! Some women just don't know how lucky they are.....

We have the same thing at our hospital, EPU and all scans are done in the same place so when i went to EPU when i started MC in december it was awful seeing so many heavily pg women.

Try not to worry too much about tomorrow i know its hard but the more relaxed u r the easier it will be and if something is wrong then we are all here for u, these girls are a great support and really picked me up after i got my results last month.
    xxxxxx