Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Egg and sperm don't bind together

Hello

We had out first round of IVF this month after 2 years of TTC. 

I had my egg collection yesterday and 13 eggs were collected - i got the heartbreaking news this morning that 0/13 fertilised in the night.

All looked fine in the lab - 10 of my eggs were mature and the sperm was swimming around. They said that they just didn't bind. They said need to discuss options with us now - maybe ISCI.

Guess we now have an answer but its not really a solution as eggs and sperm not liking each other doesnt make me feel at all confident about having a baby.

Has anyone had this happen where the eggs and sperm just don't 'recognise'/'bind' with each other and come out with some good news? In a very sad place and need some hope. 

xxx

Replies

• Hi 

Im sorry to hear about this. I don't have any personal experience of this but don't lose hope. My friend was told he and his wife would never have children together and they have a little boy now through ICSI. I also know someone who said this happened with a round of IVF that she did. She has gone on to have more rounds and is now pregnant. I hope you have success in the future and are one of those stories that give the rest of us hope 🙏 x X